Windows 10: My Seagate Expansion wont show on my files?

Discus and support My Seagate Expansion wont show on my files? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i've had my laptop for a while, but recently it has been having issues with files and the sort. When i've tried to look at certain files, it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JackieChan=], Sep 30, 2020.

1. My Seagate Expansion wont show on my files?

So i've had my laptop for a while, but recently it has been having issues with files and the sort. When i've tried to look at certain files, it will show an issue shown below

My Seagate Expansion wont show on my files? 94774314-98a1-4004-867b-47fba58b8e38?upload=true.png It shows this for most all files. My expansion is plugged in and on, yet it wont show up. I know i should maybe refer this to Seagate, however as i said this shows up with other things too. If anyone has any advice, tell me! By the way, its not a usb stick, its a box kind of thing. If you need more info tell me. I really hope i can fix this! I dont want to lose most all my files!

:)

JackieChan=], Sep 30, 2020

2. Seagate Expansion+

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to give permission to Seagate and check if the issue persists:

a. Right-click the Seagate for which you want to set permissions, click Properties, and then click the Security tab.

b. Click Advanced to open the Advanced Security Settings for <Object> dialog box.

c. Click Owner tab, click Edit. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.

d. In the new Advanced Security Settings for <Object> box, in the Change owner to: field, select your User name, and Check the Replace owner on sub containers and objects. Click OK, repeat for remaining boxes. (If your User name is not listed click the
    other users or groups button to add your account). Check in on all the boxes and provide them the read write permission.

If the issue still persist we suggest you to contact Seagate Expansion support, refer the below link:

http://community.seagate.com/

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Seagate 1TB Expansion

Thank you for your reply, Although it shows on the device manager as Expansion drive it is not showing on the disk manager even though it did initially, I tried it on another laptop and it is the same. It shows as seagate expansion drive, it shows the
    properties and runs a test to say its working properly in the troubleshoot and diagnostics but i have looked further and it wont register the volume. I have only had it 3 days so still under shops warranty but i initially moved a lot of movies and pictures
    to it to clear space on my laptop which is frustrating. I have had quite a few bugs on windows 10 and was hoping this was 1 but now beginning to suspect the product may be faulty

kung fu panda 18, Sep 30, 2020
  4. My Seagate Expansion wont show on my files?

Seagate Expansion + Drive not working

When I use to connect my Seagate Expansion + drive, my windows 8 computer does not read the contents and it also affects the other USB Drives. but it shows on the Device Manager (SCSI controller and Disk Drives section), however the capacity storage is not
    listing up on the Disk Management Tool.

Any help?

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

MasterJiraya, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

My Seagate Expansion wont show on my files?

1. My Seagate Expansion wont show on my files? - Similar Threads - Seagate Expansion wont

2. Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised: I have just purchased a Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive which is not recognised by my PC running the latest version of Windows 11. When the drive is plugged in to two different MACs the drive is recognised. I have attempted to resolve the issue by following the guiadance on...
  3. Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive Not Recognised: I have just purchased a Seagate Expansion 4TB USB Drive which is not recognised by my PC running the latest version of Windows 11. When the drive is plugged in to two different MACs the drive is recognised. I have attempted to resolve the issue by following the guiadance on...
  4. My Seagate Expansion 1TB on File history D is not accessible. The file or directory is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Seagate Expansion 1TB on File history D is not accessible. The file or directory is...: When I'm trying to access my FileHistory, my File History D drive got corrupted and unreadable. But C:\ File History still readable. My Seagate Expansion 1TB health is below: Crystal DIsk Info: [ATTACH] Full scan HD Tune yesterday: [ATTACH] HDSentinel: [ATTACH] When...
  5. SSD Drive Seagate Expansion not working and not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD Drive Seagate Expansion not working and not showing up: hi all I need a very big help here please if you can see I have a big problem can't be solve at all [ATTACH] I try to initialize the disk but it wont work too and give me an unknown size cause my Disk has only 1TB [ATTACH] any easy way to fix this awful day pls ??...
  6. Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot safely eject my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive: This is the second time I have not been able to safely eject an external drive. The first one now will not load up and asks me to format it. I have not done that because it has documents on it that I need to recover. It was a different brand and I think it was a Passport...
  7. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  8. Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro Build 1703, prior to my update I was using my external Seagate drive as my backup location, however since the update, backup is not finding the drive. The drive is working perfectly for all other tasks and is shown on Disk Managment as a...
  9. Cannot safely eject Seagate usb Expansion Drive

Cannot safely eject Seagate usb Expansion Drive: I got my new Seagate 2 TB Expansion Drive and made the first image of my new laptop (running Win 10 anniversary build) using Macrium Reflect. All went well, and I closed Macrium, then attempted to eject the external drive from the notification area. I consistently got an...
  10. Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing

Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing: I have a perplexing problem. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive that when I plug it into my USB3 port it appears in Explorer and sometimes I can even navigate through some of its folders. However after 2-5 minutes it just disappears and a message comes up "USB Not...