Windows 10: My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

Discus and support My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ramramji, Apr 25, 2024.

1. ramramji Win User

My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC and tried starting again but windows wouldn't load. when i disconnected the HDD it booted up OK. I hope the hard disk is OK. Please note that without connecting the HDD windows boots and I am able to use the PC normally. I tried safe mode too. Please help.

:)

ramramji, Apr 25, 2024
  2. Sunergos Win User

Seagate External Drive not showing in Windows Explorer - Windows 10

Hello,

After reading a few other related posts here, I'm hoping for a bit of additional help. My Windows 10 PC doesn't show my Seagate external hard drive in Windows Explorer, however the Seagate light turns on, I can feel the internal drive circulating, and my PC makes the sound of recognizing something being plugged into the USB port. It shows in Windows Settings under Other Devices as a Portable Drive connected to USB 3.0 and when I open Device Manager>Disk Drives, the Seagate drive is identified and under Properties it says the Seagate Portable SCSI Disk Device is working properly.

When I open Disk Management, it shows Disk 0, partition 1, Disk 0, partition 4, Disk 1, partition 1, Disk 1, partition 2, and Windows C:

All are showing healthy under Status.

I've tried the initial steps of plugging into the other USB port, but as soon as I do, the light on the external hard drive turns on, so I know the PC 'knows' the external drive is there....but I can't see it in Explorer to get access to its contents.

Any ideas you can offer would be appreciated!

Sunergos, Apr 25, 2024
  3. Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. I would recommend you to check in Disk management, if the (Seagate) external hard drive is detecting in Disk management. Follow the below steps:

a. Press Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

b. Check if the system is detecting (Seagate) external hard drive and let us know.

2. What exactly happen when you try to access on the hard drive? Do you receive any error message/error code?

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 25, 2024
  4. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

Windows 10 not detecting my seagate 1 TB external hard disk

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the status.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what exactly happen when you try to open the file?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I would recommend you to connect the external hard disk on different computer and check if you are able to open the files.

I also, suggest you to go to the Disk Management and check if the drive are detecting on the system.

Press Windows + R and type diskmgmt.msc on the box and hit
    Enter.

Method 1.

For now, I suggest you to go to device manager and update Seagate driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand, right click on the Seagate
      device and click on Update.
    If the issue still persist, you can try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the SD card to the system and run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost. Once Check Disk completes, boot
    the computer and then check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 25, 2024
Thema:

My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

1. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7 - Similar Threads - seagate hard disk

2. My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My seagate hard disk does not show up in explorer in windows 7: I have been using a 1terabyte External Hard Disk Seagate P/N ITEAP5-500 USB as backup for my files. I tried backing up some files today and it worked well for some time. Suddenly "Windows explorer" hung and I could neither log out nor restart. With no option I reset the PC...
  3. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer: So I recently got a new laptopI have a Seagate external hard drive that I used to use on my other computer, however that computer has been broken for 1 year maybe more. So I haven't used the hard drive in a while, and it hasn't been tested since then.When I plug it into this...
  4. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer: So I recently got a new laptopI have a Seagate external hard drive that I used to use on my other computer, however that computer has been broken for 1 year maybe more. So I haven't used the hard drive in a while, and it hasn't been tested since then.When I plug it into this...
  5. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

6. my external hard disk does not show up in my windows 11 file explorer after installing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my external hard disk does not show up in my windows 11 file explorer after installing the...: Hi friends, My operating system is Windows 11 Home. I have just installed linux ubuntu in a external hard drive, everything works fine except the external hard drive does not show up anymore. I can not open or explore it in my windows system. I have tried all the methods...
  7. my external hard disk does not show up in my windows 11 file explorer after installing the...

my external hard disk does not show up in my windows 11 file explorer after installing the...: Hi friends, My operating system is Windows 11 Home. I have just installed linux ubuntu in a external hard drive, everything works fine except the external hard drive does not show up anymore. I can not open or explore it in my windows system. I have tried all the methods...
  8. External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer

External Seagate Hard Drive not showing in File Explorer: My Seagate Plus Hard Drive was working fine, I went on a trip and took it with me. It was in a padded case and protected. I tried to plug it into my laptop which is running Windows 10, and it wouldn't show up in File Explorer. I came home and tried it on the computer that...
  9. seagate external hard disk not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    seagate external hard disk not showing up: Hi, Device manager indicates Unknown USB Device device descriptor request failed, Under Mass Storage - Properties - Error Code 45 Other HD and SDs are working good. Can someone help...............................
  10. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...