Windows 10: my search bar and settings app crash all the time

Discus and support my search bar and settings app crash all the time in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my windows with the windows updater to Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 I tried using the search and index troubleshooter and several other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lugxjeff, Dec 22, 2020.

1. my search bar and settings app crash all the time

/u/lugxjeff, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Apps Crashing

Hi Serge,

Display driver and screen resolution can be one of the cause of apps crashing. If the screen is not in recommended resolution modern apps will not work same applies to Display driver. Follow the steps suggested in the previous post and let us know the results
    to assist you further. You may also check the date and time setting in your PC.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button. check if the date and time is correctly set.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Home Search not possible and Start menu crashes.

It's working now!

I had the same issue for several weeks now: the search bar wouldn't open, and the search bar within File Explorer wouldn't even let me type either. At the same time, when scrolling for apps in the Start menu, Start would crash.

I followed the steps suggested here by Paul Abayon, and it was step number three the one that worked for me and the problem is solved.

Thank you so very much!

Shultzie613, Dec 22, 2020
  4. my search bar and settings app crash all the time

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

my search bar and settings app crash all the time

1. my search bar and settings app crash all the time - Similar Threads - search bar settings

2. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  3. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  4. App crashing all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App crashing all the time: Hi,I bought a new computer and installed Huawei Theme Studio.My OS is Windows 11 but one app crashes all the time, on my old computer with Windows 11 it works.Here is the crashlog:Crash log: The error occurred in the program named: ThemeStudio.exe, version 11.301.0.0,...
  5. App crashing all the time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App crashing all the time: Hi,I bought a new computer and installed Huawei Theme Studio.My OS is Windows 11 but one app crashes all the time, on my old computer with Windows 11 it works.Here is the crashlog:Crash log: The error occurred in the program named: ThemeStudio.exe, version 11.301.0.0,...
  6. Problems with Settings App and Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Settings App and Search Bar: Hi,So a few days ago my laptop had some issues it began with the settings app not working and then a day later the search option on the taskbar also stopped working. It would be great to know what the problem is and how to fix it.Thank You...
  7. Search bar & Settings app

Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  8. Windows search bar and settings app crash

Windows search bar and settings app crash: Hello,My problem is that, only when I start typing in the search bar or in the settings app, they both crash instantly.Without typing and just using my mouse, works fine....
  9. My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings: My search bar isn't loading anything even when I type my entry in, and also my settings app gets frozen once I click on a subsetting ex: when I click on 'time and language', it brings me to that page but only the sidebar appears and the app becomes frozen. I have tried ending...
  10. All Windows Search Bars Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Windows Search Bars Crashing: Whenever I type a few characters into the search bar next to the window icon, my screen freezes and crashes. The same thing happens even in settings; when I type a few characters, the settings app crashes. I've tried most of the fixes already online such as sfc /scannow and...