Windows 10: My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes...

Discus and support My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem where when I try to search from the start menu for an app that I have downloaded and installed, it just wouldn't show up.For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Akhras2, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Akhras2 Win User

My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes...

Hello, I have a problem where when I try to search from the start menu for an app that I have downloaded and installed, it just wouldn't show up.For example, I downloaded and installed a 3d modeling application named Blender. It currently shows on Installed Apps in the Settings and it works normally. If I were to open the Search Bar on the Desktop and search for the name 'Blender' however, it would not show me its shortcut unlike Windows 10. This happens to all my applications that I have installed too, not just Blender.There are apps that do show up on the search bar example: Paint, Calend

:)

Akhras2, Feb 4, 2023
  2. Remonator Win User

Certain apps don't show in search results

Some of my applications don't show in search results when I search for them.

E.g. Visual Studio, it shows only a local directory named "Visual Studio 2017" but it doensn't show the application itself.

Some other applications are listed as wrong version (already uninstalled), and some others dont't show at all (e.g. Putty)

I've already rebuilt the index and ran sfc /scannow several times, and got shortcuts for the apps in both

• %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    and

• %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1607 (Build 14393.1358)

Any suggestions?

Remonator, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes...

Window 10 open search shortcut not working

Hello Rafael,

In Windows 10, we can show and hide search bar by default. Regarding your concern, since the shortcut key to open Search bar is not working, we can have the Search bar visible by performing the following steps.

• Right click on the Taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Mark "Show search box".
    If you still encounter the same concern, we advise to check if your Windows 10 is updated to make sure that it was not causing the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

1. My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes... - Similar Threads - Search Bar does

2. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  3. Search bar not showing apps and settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar not showing apps and settings: From the last update in December the search bar is not showing the apps and the settings,i tried everything like restarting with the powershell script,restarting the service from Task Manager,running sfc /scannow,running DISM even running the troubleshooter but it doesn't...
  4. My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes...

My Search Bar does not show apps or shortcuts of applications on my computer and messes...: Hello, I have a problem where when I try to search from the start menu for an app that I have downloaded and installed, it just wouldn't show up.For example, I downloaded and installed a 3d modeling application named Blender. It currently shows on Installed Apps in the...
  5. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  6. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  7. Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...: Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the original icons? How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-app-icons-have-x-in-them-in-the/ed1b9eee-4b29-4103-be16-23694649a233
  8. Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...

Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the...: Why does my app icons have x in them in the windows search bar and doesn't show the original icons? How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-app-icons-have-x-in-them-in-the/ed1b9eee-4b29-4103-be16-23694649a233
  9. My Search Bar does not open and the search in File Manager does not work.

in Cortana
    My Search Bar does not open and the search in File Manager does not work.: Hello, my Search Bar and File Manager search bar does not open/work.I have tried a few methods online but none of them worked for my issue....
  10. Search bar not showing my documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar not showing my documents: While trying to find a program I changed the indexing options. Now the search bar won't show any of my documents (word, excel, power point). I tried with the rebuild button in the indexing but it didn't help submitted by /u/MarkHMX [link] [comments]...