Windows 10: My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings

Discus and support My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My search bar isn't loading anything even when I type my entry in, and also my settings app gets frozen once I click on a subsetting ex: when I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Redadam2001, Jul 18, 2020.

1. My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings

My search bar isn't loading anything even when I type my entry in, and also my settings app gets frozen once I click on a subsetting ex: when I click on 'time and language', it brings me to that page but only the sidebar appears and the app becomes frozen. I have tried ending the search app on task manager, but that didn't seem to work. Haven't tried any fixes yet for the settings problem other than restarting my laptop multiple times

:)

Redadam2001, Jul 18, 2020
  2. mhp10 Win User

search progress bar freezes

When I search in W10 File Explorer, the progress bar moves quickly at first, then slows down, and then freezes before the search is complete.

I do not use Cortana for my searches.

Any suggestions to solve this, please?

Thank you.

mhp10, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Jul 18, 2020
  4. brittrags Win User

My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings

Windows 10 settings freezing up and not responding

There has a been a list of problems with my windows settings including: the search bar not responding, when I go into settings and click on "Network & Internet" the window will freeze and not respond, when I go to "troubleshoot" under Update & Security it
    also freezes and doesn't respond.

I have tried restarting my laptop but the progress number stays at 1% and eventually freezes up as well, and I have also tried to use administration PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall the settings app.

Not sure what to do as I can't troubleshoot anything and that's all the answers I can find.

brittrags, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings

1. My search bar doesn't load and my settings app freezes on all the subsettings - Similar Threads - search bar doesn't

2. My search bar keeps loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar keeps loading: Hello, support!I have had this problem for a while now around a month at this point. Whenever I try using the search it keeps loading forever with this weird text on the bottom right 2023.04.20.35805020.OM.en-US.It has been around a month now and I tried many things, I ran...
  3. My search bar keeps loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar keeps loading: Hello, support!I have had this problem for a while now around a month at this point. Whenever I try using the search it keeps loading forever with this weird text on the bottom right 2023.04.20.35805020.OM.en-US.It has been around a month now and I tried many things, I ran...
  4. My search bar keeps loading

in Cortana
  5. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

in Cortana
    My start button, search bar, settings are all broken: My start button, search bar, settings are all broken,I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system restore and file reset from cloud and deviceI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings...
  6. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button, search bar, settings are all broken: My start button, search bar, settings are all broken,I've tried to repair windows through a usb driveI've tried to download windows from setup.exeI have tried a system restore and file reset from cloud and deviceI have tried fixes from these threads:Can't open settings...
  7. My start button, search bar, settings are all broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Search bar & Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  9. My search bar is forever loading

in Cortana
    My search bar is forever loading: Whenever i try to search for something, it just shows a loading screen then the search bar closes. I ran the troubleshooter but it didn't fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-is-forever-loading/6f89f880-17a2-425e-bfa2-948aa15ff58f
  10. my search bar and settings app crash all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my search bar and settings app crash all the time: I updated my windows with the windows updater to Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 I tried using the search and index troubleshooter and several other fixes from the windows forum. do you guys know how to rollback the update since I tried so many things?...