Windows 10: My search bar has stopped working.

Discus and support My search bar has stopped working. in Cortana to solve the problem; It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TinaDubinsky, Sep 30, 2021.

1. My search bar has stopped working.

It's been 10 days since I did an update. My last quality update was: September 14, 2021—KB5005565 OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237Two days ago, I noticed my system was running 100% HDDSo I came on here and followed the directions below in quotations it did find corrupt files. That was two days ago and I had no problems until today when I turned my computer off because of a passing electrical storm and then restarted it.At first, it wouldn't start, it just made a lot of noise like the fan was overworking. So I used the automatic shutdown to restart it. When it restarted i

:)

TinaDubinsky, Sep 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 Search Stops Working

I am also having difficulties with the "search the web and Windows" bar next to the windows start button, your solution here "
    I suggest you try rebuilding the index and check if issue is resolved. To rebuild all the index, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key, type Indexing and hit enter.
    • Click on Advanced button.
    • Click Rebuild under Troubleshooting section and click OK.
    • Try searching and see if issue is fixed." WILL NOT WORK as when I type in that search bar all I get is an empty white box.

KatNashRamblerkat, Sep 30, 2021
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 30, 2021
  4. amirek Win User

My search bar has stopped working.

Issues with using Search bar not working on Windows 10

Lucky you. My search bar stopped working and despite all of the "fixes" suggested, it still doesn't work. The start button works (lags, but works), the search bar is kaput.

amirek, Sep 30, 2021
Thema:

My search bar has stopped working.

1. My search bar has stopped working. - Similar Threads - search bar has

2. My search bar just stopped working

in Cortana
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  3. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar just stopped working: Hello.i got a problem with my seach bar not working, the first time i saw it when i opend the search bar it wont let me type anything, i looked up ways to fix it none of it worked i tried lots of ways like refreshing the file explorer, disabling bing, i did some cmds i reset...
  4. My search bar just stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  6. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The search function on my laptop has stopped working.: The search function on my laptop has stopped working. I can't type anything into the bar so I have to use the Windows symbol and search through the menu. This happened after a recent Windows update and I don't know if that's coincidence or not. Any assistance would be...
  7. The search function on my laptop has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My search bar is not working

in Cortana
    My search bar is not working: Hello,The searchbar on my computer is not working, whenever I try to search for anything, it pulls up like this, and cycles for a moment, and then closes out. I have already tried using the troubleshooter, and stopping and starting the processes related in the task manager,...
  9. My search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar is not working: Hello,The searchbar on my computer is not working, whenever I try to search for anything, it pulls up like this, and cycles for a moment, and then closes out. I have already tried using the troubleshooter, and stopping and starting the processes related in the task manager,...
  10. Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working: So I'm on Windows 10 v20H2 and whenever I restart my laptop or whenever the system boots, the search bar just doesn't work. I did some research previously and found that running the .exe at this file path "fixes" it, except I'd have to do it each time the search bar stops...