Windows 10: My search bar is appearing weirdly

Discus and support My search bar is appearing weirdly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why is the search bar appearing like this ? How to solve this ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dhruv Nath, Jun 13, 2021.

1. My search bar is appearing weirdly

Why is the search bar appearing like this ? How to solve this ?

:)

Dhruv Nath, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 13, 2021
  4. My search bar is appearing weirdly

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

My search bar is appearing weirdly

1. My search bar is appearing weirdly - Similar Threads - search bar appearing

2. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.: Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results screen. This occurs whenever I simply press the windows key and type whatever. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all- as it...
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.: Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results screen. This occurs whenever I simply press the windows key and type whatever. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all- as it...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

in Cortana
  5. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Icon in my Windows search bar: Has anyone ever seen that before? Everywhere I check online doesn’t have it! Everyone I’ve asked online has never seen it. I haven’t been actively downloading anything and I didn’t add that or interact with the search bar in a few days. Any clues what it could be? Is it safe?...
  6. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Icon in my Windows search bar: Has anyone ever seen that before? Everywhere I check online doesn’t have it! Everyone I’ve asked online has never seen it. I haven’t been actively downloading anything and I didn’t add that or interact with the search bar in a few days. Any clues what it could be? Is it safe?...
  7. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Search bar looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar looking weird: [ATTACH] This is what my search thing looks like, what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-looking-weird/2c83f2b5-ee2f-4914-8178-e7fffa613922
  9. Weird Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Search Bar Bug: So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this [img] [img] [img] So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I...
  10. Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird search bar is in the taskbar..: One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar.. Here it is: https://postimg.cc/xk7Jx31h And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana... This search bar does...