Windows 10: My Search bar is not working

Discus and support My Search bar is not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Whenever I click on my search bar it does nothing I tried methods from an 2015 post but they don't work.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Sigma-Lemon, Sep 6, 2020.

1. My Search bar is not working

Whenever I click on my search bar it does nothing I tried methods from an 2015 post but they don't work.

:)

Sigma-Lemon, Sep 6, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 6, 2020
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Sep 6, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

My Search bar is not working

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

My Search bar is not working

1. My Search bar is not working - Similar Threads - Search bar working

2. my settings and search bar are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    my settings and search bar are not working: when I open settings at first it seems fine but its actually not when you're trying to click any setting, it just freezes and I can't normally close itI found nothing about thisthe search bar is just gray and after some time its just closes itselfI tried repairing apps via...
  3. My settings and search bar are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings and search bar are not working: Whenever I open the settings app , it shows all the options but whenever I click on any of them the app just freezes up.And I can't use the search bar because anytime I type into , it doesn't show any results .Please help...
  4. My search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar is not working: Hello,The searchbar on my computer is not working, whenever I try to search for anything, it pulls up like this, and cycles for a moment, and then closes out. I have already tried using the troubleshooter, and stopping and starting the processes related in the task manager,...
  5. My search bar is not working

in Cortana
    My search bar is not working: Hello,The searchbar on my computer is not working, whenever I try to search for anything, it pulls up like this, and cycles for a moment, and then closes out. I have already tried using the troubleshooter, and stopping and starting the processes related in the task manager,...
  6. My search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When i click on my search bar it doesnt even open and i keep on clicking it and it doesnt do anything, and when i open task manager i look and the search task crashes all the time. Is there a way to fix this?...
  8. Search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar is not working: My windows 10 search bar is not working, I cannot search anything i can type in it but I cannot view anything Cortana works as intended but otherwise no https://gyazo.com/2aca58ff56a9880cd344cbd31b8f0230 submitted by /u/Shit_Talking_Irelia [link] [comments]...
  9. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: When I click on the search bar nothing happens it just shows me the loading icon , I tried troubleshooting it didn't work . This happened after I updated to an optional update that showed in the Check for updates tab....
  10. Search Bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar not working: When i try to search with cortana it just shows a blue loading line. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-working/5445367b-e5c2-4648-ad98-1955202457b0"