Windows 10: My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

Discus and support My search bar keeps crashing when i open it in Cortana to solve the problem; My search bar keeps crashing every time i open it or it closes but i have done the sfc scan now ive done dism online cleanup image restore health and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by markesha garcia, Jul 16, 2022.

1. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

My search bar keeps crashing every time i open it or it closes but i have done the sfc scan now ive done dism online cleanup image restore health and it still wont respond also its been doing this for months now and i still dont know what to do.

:)

markesha garcia, Jul 16, 2022
  2. duckvenom Win User

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Jul 16, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 16, 2022
  4. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

Search bar won't open applications

Hello Bryce,

To address your concern with the search bar, kindly provide us the following information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • Is there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

On the other hand, you can run this troubleshooter for possible solution. Click on this
    link for more information.

Keep us posted.

Marvin Barc, Jul 16, 2022
Thema:

My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

1. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it - Similar Threads - search bar keeps

2. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar keeps crashing when i open it: My search bar keeps crashing every time i open it or it closes but i have done the sfc scan now ive done dism online cleanup image restore health and it still wont respond also its been doing this for months now and i still dont know what to do....
  3. My search bar keeps crashing when i open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar keeps crashing when i open it: My search bar keeps crashing every time i open it or it closes but i have done the sfc scan now ive done dism online cleanup image restore health and it still wont respond also its been doing this for months now and i still dont know what to do....
  4. My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.: My Search bar keeps crashing and will not open. I have tried trouble shooting and it knows theres an issue but when it fixes it the Search bar doesnt crash anymore but infinitely loads, after a restart it goes back to square one to crashing.Info i got from Event...
  5. My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.

My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.: My Search bar keeps crashing and will not open. I have tried trouble shooting and it knows theres an issue but when it fixes it the Search bar doesnt crash anymore but infinitely loads, after a restart it goes back to square one to crashing.Info i got from Event...
  6. My Search Bar Keeps Crashing.

in Cortana
  7. Search bar keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  8. Search bar keeps crashing.

Search bar keeps crashing.: Helo everybody.I've successfully updated my win8.1 to win10. but I'm encountering an issue.As soon as I click on the search bar, it would open, but after a few seconds, would close automatically. And again if I click, it shows some black screen and exits. I tried many...
  9. Search bar keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes When I Open It: Hello. A couple days ago my search bar stopped working and I've been trying to fix it for hours. When I click the search bar it acts like its going to work, but then crashes immediately. I've also noticed that when I scroll through the applications in the start page it...