Windows 10: My search bar wont let my type at all

Discus and support My search bar wont let my type at all in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My search bar once I click on it will close on its own without letting me type at all. I dont have any programs running in the background. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomtom1129, Oct 29, 2020.

1. My search bar wont let my type at all

My search bar once I click on it will close on its own without letting me type at all. I dont have any programs running in the background. I tried looking for solutions online but they arent effective.

submitted by /u/tomtom1129
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tomtom1129, Oct 29, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 29, 2020
  4. fussybob Win User

My search bar wont let my type at all

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

My search bar wont let my type at all

1. My search bar wont let my type at all - Similar Threads - search bar wont

2. microsoft wont let me type in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft wont let me type in: I have a problem with my Microsoft wont let me type in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-wont-let-me-type-in/c17518d6-9a29-4e47-bd27-1c5dd7260330
  3. I can't type anything in my search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in my search bar: So recently I've had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed and I wasn't able to open it again. I did so by downloading the media creation tool on another computer making a recovery usb and reinstalling windows, admittedly it wasn't the cleanest recovery and I...
  4. I cannot type in my windows search bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type in my windows search bar: Hi there,I currently have an issue where I cannot type in my windows search bar. I don't really now how to resolve this problem. Also, I don' have the full copy of windows. Is that the issue? If so, do I need to buy it?...
  5. keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard wont type in windows 10 search bar: my keyboard works perfectly in everything that isnt windows related the drivers are up to date too please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-wont-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/3ba10b5b-b647-4707-9904-8cc0af7767de
  6. Can't type on my search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type on my search bar: I can't type on my search bar, what to do? This happen after I update my windows to latest... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-on-my-search-bar/a9303638-3fec-4c46-bfcf-b096d95c546a
  7. Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Search Bar won't let me type in it: I switched to 10 from 7 yesterday because of the support drop, trying to get things how I like it, but something appears to be wrong with specifically the search bar in Windows Explorer, sometimes it works fine, but then when I go to click on it, nothing happens at all, it...
  8. problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    problem with my start/search bar on Windows. Can't type in search bar: Hello, I am on Windows 10. I got on my computer this morning and noticed I had an issue with my window search bar. Whenever I click in the bottom left search, I got a popup that says Undo and Paste. It's almost as if I was right clicking. If I click the start button I also...
  9. My search bar (cortana) wont work

in Cortana
    My search bar (cortana) wont work: here is a video/gif showing that it really does not work and crashes https://gyazo.com/45d58737d3c90630c8a0e5565aefe9ff Please help it is hard with out searching stuff and apps and files thx....
  10. My search bar freezes when I type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    My search bar freezes when I type in it: Hi :) I navigate my computer by pressing the Windows key and then typing to search. Lately I've been experiencing issues, that it won't register that I'm typing, and/or it freezes when I type and I have to restart "Windows Explorer" Through the task manager. Additionally,...