Windows 10: My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...

Discus and support My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Latitude E6230 32cm. I used to use the Curtains product 'Start11' since my laptop wasn't compatible with Windows 11. I've tried to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ray. R, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Ray. R Win User

My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...

I have a Dell Latitude E6230 32cm. I used to use the Curtains product 'Start11' since my laptop wasn't compatible with Windows 11. I've tried to do discchk and troubleshoot it, but nothing worked. I have a feeling I might have to do a complete reset. Please help me and guide me through this problem. Thanks.

:)

Ray. R, Mar 1, 2023
  2. Highdown Win User

Windows 10 Settings App Search Not working

Thank you for providing some suggestions.

I performed step 1, and at the end of the test, it reported "No changes or updates are necessary."

I then performed step 2 and received the same message at the end of the test.

After running the two tests above, I opened up Settings and typed "privacy", which should show some help categories (It does on my other Windows 10 computers). However, on the one computer there is no help information. It states "No result for privacy".
    It appears the Settings app help information list is empty or not found. Typing a single character, e.g., 'p', into the search box displays "No result for p".

Any further suggestions are welcome.

Is there a convenient way to have windows 10 try to repair itself without uninstalling my software and/or loosing all of my personal data.

Regards...

Highdown, Mar 1, 2023
  3. INBUILT APPS NOT WORKING INCLUDING STORE.

Hello Pawan,

As you are unable to access inbuilt apps, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Do let us know if the issue persists with test user account (Local account) as well?

Method 1: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 2: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2023
  4. My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...

Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...

1. My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it... - Similar Threads - search does includes

2. Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work: The search function within my Settings app does not work. I have up to date Windows 11 22H2. I have tried DISM restore health SFC scannow and it does not make any difference.Note: Searching through Windows and the taskbar works as normal.Any advice?...
  3. Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Settings App - Search does not work: The search function within my Settings app does not work. I have up to date Windows 11 22H2. I have tried DISM restore health SFC scannow and it does not make any difference.Note: Searching through Windows and the taskbar works as normal.Any advice?...
  4. My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...

in Cortana
    My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...: I have a Dell Latitude E6230 32cm. I used to use the Curtains product 'Start11' since my laptop wasn't compatible with Windows 11. I've tried to do discchk and troubleshoot it, but nothing worked. I have a feeling I might have to do a complete reset. Please help me and guide...
  5. My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search does not work. This includes any Windows apps such as Settings. How do I get it...: I have a Dell Latitude E6230 32cm. I used to use the Curtains product 'Start11' since my laptop wasn't compatible with Windows 11. I've tried to do discchk and troubleshoot it, but nothing worked. I have a feeling I might have to do a complete reset. Please help me and guide...
  6. Barely any apps opening, including settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Barely any apps opening, including settings: I've been having an issue with my computer. I first noticed it when I went to change the volume, and soon realized almost none of the taskbar is working. The settings app won't open, except for when I right click the sound button and go to sound settings, in which case if I...
  7. does the windows backup include apps and settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    does the windows backup include apps and settings?: when I restore from backup, will all my apps and windows setting be there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-windows-backup-include-apps-and-settings/38a9065a-9252-4660-8e29-504fba0de9f9
  8. Search in Settings App does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search in Settings App does not work: When I type something in the search box in the settings app, such as cmd, nothing returns and it states that it cannot find anything. This has never happened to me before and I have tried everything except reinstall which I'm not going to do anytime soon. Reinstall is too...
  9. searching Windows settings does not work

in Cortana
    searching Windows settings does not work: I used to be able to search and find bluetooth or other settings from the search bar or within Windows settings. Now searching for bluetooth or mouse results in a 'no results' message. When searching from the search bar Cortana? I've tried using the settings filter with...
  10. Items from "Settings" app not included in Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Items from "Settings" app not included in Search: Hello, Recently I have a problem with the Search feature. The "Settings" app items like Check for Updates are not included in Search or search box in Settings app anymore, only items from Control Panel are shown. Seems like this problem happened after last update Windows...