Windows 10: My Search for Contacts does not work.

Discus and support My Search for Contacts does not work. in Cortana to solve the problem; With Windows 10, my Outlook 16 does rarely works when I Search for a Contact. How can I resolve this issue? Thank You...... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by rwotter, Nov 5, 2018.

1. rwotter Win User

My Search for Contacts does not work.

With Windows 10, my Outlook 16 does rarely works when I Search for a Contact. How can I resolve this issue? Thank You...

:)

rwotter, Nov 5, 2018
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 7, 2018
  4. thesaint2 Win User

new contacts not useable

Good Morning Ken & Helmut,
    Ken, the "Mail" contacts list works for all current contacts - but not for newly inserted contacts, even after a reset of the laptop.

Helmut, Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them as soon as I get a chance.

thesaint2, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. My Search for Contacts does not work. - Similar Threads - Search Contacts does

2. search bar does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar does not work: well, to begin the windows search bar wont work, it does not let me type anything , i tried to do a trouble shooting and this apears when i try to load the trouble shooting: "error 0x80131018" , i tried to open windows powershell but that only opens and closes itself...
  3. search bar does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    search bar does not work: well, to begin the windows search bar wont work, it does not let me type anything , i tried to do a trouble shooting and this apears when i try to load the trouble shooting: "error 0x80131018" , i tried to open windows powershell but that only opens and closes itself...
  4. Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts: I have old Contacts appearing, I have deleted old contacts but still have phantom contacts appearing...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-search-for-contact-recommended-contacts/b56368c5-2539-45cb-9fc3-1aca858011ff
  5. Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts

Share, Search For Contact, Recommended Contacts: I have old Contacts appearing, I have deleted old contacts but still have phantom contacts appearing...Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-search-for-contact-recommended-contacts/b56368c5-2539-45cb-9fc3-1aca858011ff
  6. Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts: On Windows 11, when you right-click a file to share, it is showing contacts that are not saved anywhere on my account. Where are these being stored? I checked my Outlook account, Peoples app, Teams synced contacts, and none of these emails are present there. I'm referring to...
  7. Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts

Share > Search for contact > Recommended Contacts: On Windows 11, when you right-click a file to share, it is showing contacts that are not saved anywhere on my account. Where are these being stored? I checked my Outlook account, Peoples app, Teams synced contacts, and none of these emails are present there. I'm referring to...
  8. Contacts search not working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Contacts search not working: Hi, I am using Office 2013 Home & Business, and I have 2 contacts address books: "My Contacts" and "public_contacts". When I click on my "public_contacts" - they show up normally in Outlook, with all the details, but when I type any letter in the search box, I get empty...
  9. My Search Bar does not open and the search in File Manager does not work.

in Cortana
    My Search Bar does not open and the search in File Manager does not work.: Hello, my Search Bar and File Manager search bar does not open/work.I have tried a few methods online but none of them worked for my issue....
  10. Search bar does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar does not work: I can not enter any item in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-does-not-work/aa1a60df-7d11-459c-97c5-e41a5cea64c6