Windows 10: my search on task bar windows 10

Discus and support my search on task bar windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; when posted something in my search on task bar it does nothing the screen pops up but it's blank... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Elenazz, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Elenazz Win User

my search on task bar windows 10

when posted something in my search on task bar it does nothing the screen pops up but it's blank

:)

Elenazz, Feb 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Feb 5, 2020
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Feb 5, 2020
  4. my search on task bar windows 10

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

my search on task bar windows 10

1. my search on task bar windows 10 - Similar Threads - search task bar

2. Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?: My search bar in the task bar is not working. Also, I am facing a problem during google meet while sharing my screen it hangs and neither it maximizes nor minimizes. Even windows remain the same but conversation stopes. Can you help why is this happening. Recently I noticed a...
  3. Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my search bar in the task bar not working ?: My search bar in the task bar is not working. Also, I am facing a problem during google meet while sharing my screen it hangs and neither it maximizes nor minimizes. Even windows remain the same but conversation stopes. Can you help why is this happening. Recently I noticed a...
  4. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  5. Search bar in task bar

Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  6. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  7. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Cortana
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  8. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

9. Windows Search on task bar

in Cortana
    Windows Search on task bar: When I use type here to search on my Windows 10 taskbar this search WILL NOT search the web it only searches my windows 10 files. Note when I search with Cortina voice it will work & search the web as before but when I type in the question it will not search the web. Also...
  10. Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Task Bar Search Bug: Windows 10 taskbar search does not work. The normal search, when you open up file explorer works perfectly. I am connected to the internet. I do not use Cortana. I have not registered the E-mail for Cortana. I have tried searching multiple files. It just doesn't work. I'm not...