Windows 10: My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back

Discus and support My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back I have checked power settings and they are set to never go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kirbyloid, Jan 2, 2021.

1. kirbyloid Win User

My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back

My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back I have checked power settings and they are set to never go to sleep and it happens literally while typing on that monitor

:)

kirbyloid, Jan 2, 2021

2. Second Monitor goes black after a couple of seconds

I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 and two monitors. The second monitor comes on and then goes black after a couple of seconds. If I turn it on, leave it for awhile, turn it off and then back on, it eventually stays on. I have switched out the monitor
    for a new one - which worked for awhile but now has the same problem. I have switched out the cable and the power cord and still have the problem.

I checked the drivers and it says they are up to date. I tried changing the refresh rate with no success.

KateRogers, Jan 2, 2021
  3. turbello Win User
    Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

Hi Andre,

I updated the bios but no luck. It was a F.6, now on F.14 which is still a good thing to have. My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back :)

But the second monitor keeps going black for a second. Also it makes like a noice like something disconnects or something. But the power is just fine, I swapped monitors and when I make the other one my second display, that is the one going randomly black.

Thanks.

turbello, Jan 2, 2021
  4. turbello Win User

My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back

Second screen with dual monitors randomly goes black

I have three Displayports, I swapped them around but it's always the "second" display that is going randomly black.

For example if I change the settings for my left monitor to be the Main monitor, then the right(second) one would cause flicker.

And If I change the right monitor to be the main monitor, then the left(second) monitor would flicker.

So It's more like the settings I think?

If I use 1x HDMI on second and 1x DP as main there is no problem. If I use 1x HDMI on main and 1x DP as second, the DP(second) one flickers.

EDIT: yeah.. the port of the monitor is broken. I used HDMI on that monitor and it works. So I'll buy an adapter DP - Mini DP for my VR.

Thanks for helping Andre!

turbello, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. My second and third screens go randomly black for a couple seconds then come right back - Similar Threads - second third screens

2. My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...: When I restart my computer and the first thing I do is open a game, it works seemlessly for the entire time I decide too play, then for instance I will open up another game and suddenly my screen turns black for 2 seconds then it shows the game/app for a second, repeating...
  3. My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...: When I restart my computer and the first thing I do is open a game, it works seemlessly for the entire time I decide too play, then for instance I will open up another game and suddenly my screen turns black for 2 seconds then it shows the game/app for a second, repeating...
  4. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  5. At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 x64 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @3.8GHz MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 MicroATX/current BIOS 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4-3200 Radeon Vega 11 Graphics/current drivers Dell SE2717H 1080p 1920x1080 @60Hz using HDMI At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds...
  6. my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my second than third monitors are going black after a few seconds: Something I have changed is causing my second and third monitors to go black after some seconds Have tried checking power setting but all looks good?...
  7. Every 10 seconds my screen will go black for a second then come back. I can’t click on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every 10 seconds my screen will go black for a second then come back. I can’t click on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TohruTofuu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4j4y6/every_10_seconds_my_screen_will_go_black_for_a/
  8. Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second monitor randomly turns black and comes back on.: Out of nowhere, my second monitor acts like this. I'm not sure what causes this. Online I read it has to do with windows 10 sometimes, hence my post on this sub. I have already done the following: bought a new DisplayPort cable, changed cables (1st to 2nd monitor), updated...
  9. My screen keeps going black for a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen keeps going black for a couple of seconds: As in title - every few minutes the screen goes black for a second or two regardless of whether I'm on the Internet or not - very annoying!...
  10. Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen goes black for a few seconds and comes back randomly Windows 10: Hi, This just started happening after the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade recently. The screen goes black at random times for 2 seconds or so and comes back and it is quite annoying at times. My PC: Lenovo c260 CPU: J2900 Ram: 4 GB Graphics: Intel HD 1. Tried...