Windows 10: My Second Display Is Not Being Detected

Discus and support My Second Display Is Not Being Detected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so yesterday i decided i wanted to use my second monitor for a little bit again so went and grabbed it and was working fine, untill the next morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/issaknife13, Mar 30, 2021.

1. My Second Display Is Not Being Detected

so yesterday i decided i wanted to use my second monitor for a little bit again so went and grabbed it and was working fine, untill the next morning when it would not detect the monitor.

so i did some googling and all the stuff i found essentially said to reinstall my gpu drivers or update them, now they were already updated so i reinstalled and nothing worked and even tried a couple more hdmi cables and that did not work either.

after that i went up to the loft and grabbed another monitor and that seemed to work fine, so i just assumed it was the monitor i had used, untill the next morning when the same thing happened again and now im just confused cos its happening every time i go to sleep and it lasts a day.

so if anyone has any idea on whats going on or what i could do, any help is appreciated

submitted by /u/issaknife13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/issaknife13, Mar 30, 2021
  2. LAPIII Win User

Windows won't detect by second display.

I have my monitor and TV connected to my GPU. In Display Settings, under Rearrange your displays I have the 2nd highlighted. Clicking the Detect button will render: Code:
    It isn't listed in Devices:

My Second Display Is Not Being Detected [​IMG]

Nor Sound:

It is listed in Control Panel:

LAPIII, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 30, 2021
  4. My Second Display Is Not Being Detected

not detecting the second display

After Windows 10 make today the last update, he can't detect any other second monitor, display. I tried with a Philips monitor and an Asus. Any suggestion?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LucianCheosea, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

My Second Display Is Not Being Detected

1. My Second Display Is Not Being Detected - Similar Threads - Second Display Being

2. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  3. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  4. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  5. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  6. My graphics cardnis not being detected and has no display.

My graphics cardnis not being detected and has no display.: My Graphics card isnt detected but powers on but no display.The integrated graphics are fine and run, but the mobo doesnt detect the gpu.When I plug an hdmi in the gpu it says no signal.If I try to install new drivers off NVIDIA it says cant install because you have no nvidia...
  7. My graphics cardnis not being detected and has no display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My graphics cardnis not being detected and has no display.: My Graphics card isnt detected but powers on but no display.The integrated graphics are fine and run, but the mobo doesnt detect the gpu.When I plug an hdmi in the gpu it says no signal.If I try to install new drivers off NVIDIA it says cant install because you have no nvidia...
  8. Second display not detected on system restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display not detected on system restart: I am using Surface Book 2 running windows 10 20H2 connected to HP E24 G4 monitor screen.When the laptop is restarted it does not detect the Hp screen automatically, I have to unplug it and plug it back in.The Hp screen is connected to my laptop via usb c laptop /display port...
  9. Second display not detected on system restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display not detected on system restart: I am using Surface Book 2 running windows 10 20H2 connected to HP E24 G4 monitor screen.When the laptop is restarted it does not detect the Hp screen automatically, I have to unplug it and plug it back in.The Hp screen is connected to my laptop via usb c laptop /display port...
  10. Windows will not detect second display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not detect second display: So I have a custom built desktop with two monitors (ultrawide 2560x1080 displayport, and 1920x1080 DVI) hooked up to an XFX Radeon GTR RX 480 Everything worked fine until I recently moved everything in my PC over to a new case. When I started my computer, the BIOS and...