Windows 10: My second external monitor has no signal from the computer.

Discus and support My second external monitor has no signal from the computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, here I am trying to connect my Lenovo Thinkpad 480s with Windows 10 to two external monitors. My idea is have both monitors side by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alvaro Valero, Jun 21, 2020.

1. My second external monitor has no signal from the computer.

Hello everyone,

here I am trying to connect my Lenovo Thinkpad 480s with Windows 10 to two external monitors. My idea is have both monitors side by side and extend them. I am connecting one of the monitors through the USB type C connector, with a dongle that has an HDMI port. That works perfectly. The second monitor, I am connecting through the normal HDMI port from the computer*, but it is not recognized at all from the computer. Not in the display settings, also not in other OS, I checked with Manjaro Linux and Ubuntu...

Any ideas ?

*This port works correctly, tested.

:)

Alvaro Valero, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Elmer San Win User

Second Monitor has No Signal

Hi,

To assist you further with your concern about no signal on your second monitor, we would like to get some information from you:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you try to check if the second monitor will work if installed as the primary monitor?
    • Aside from checking the cables, did you try to use a different cable?
    • Are the right monitor drivers installed on your computer?
    • Does your video card has the right settings for using two monitors?
    • Did you update your video card driver?

We are waiting for your reply.

Elmer San, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Second Monitor has No Signal

I recently updated my computer to windows 10 and bought new monitors but I can't get my second monitor to receive any signal. One monitor is connected directly to my vga port but the other monitor is plugged into a DVI-I port with a vga to DVI-I adapter.
    My desktop recognizes that there is a second monitor and I've checked both the cords and the adapter for the monitor several times. I've looked at several forums and tried every setting I can think of but even though the monitor is set to extended it still
    doesn't get any signal even though windows can be dragged into that monitor.

court_shields, Jun 21, 2020
  4. My second external monitor has no signal from the computer.

Error: No signal on second monitor after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your inconvenience caused to you with accessing the second monitor, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted drivers.

As you have already tried to update the drivers and issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the existing drivers for second monitor and re0install them from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Also, contact the manufacturer's website and try to install those drivers for your device.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

To know more about this issue, I suggest you to refer to the article by
    Andre Da Costa
    and check:

How to add and use a second monitor with Windows

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

My second external monitor has no signal from the computer.

1. My second external monitor has no signal from the computer. - Similar Threads - second external monitor

2. My laptop disconnects from external monitor and loses signal frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop disconnects from external monitor and loses signal frequently: Hi there!I currently have an aero gigabyte 15 with a RTX 3080 which I connect to a Dell 27 Gaming Monitor - G2722HS - 68.60cm 27.0" external monitor using HDMI as a single display I only use my monitor screen. At very random times, can be from every 5 mins to an hour, my...
  3. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  4. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors: As soon as I plugged in the second monitor, signal dropped from my primary monitor, and I have since been unable to recover it. Even when I unplugged the second monitor, signal will not return to the primary one. I tried plugging my TV into the computer and still, nothing. or...
  5. Plugged in second monitor, computer stopped providing signal to both monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. External monitor detected but no signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor detected but no signal: HelloI am using windows 10. I want to use two monitors. So I am using HDMI and DVI. Unfortunately, Windows 10 detecting both monitors. But DVI connected monitor not received any Signal No signal message.I checked the cable and drivers. All are fine. Any solution for this...
  7. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hello, I have an HP laptop, with an HP docking and 2 HP external monitors. Everything works perfectly, except that sometimes often when going out of sleep mode one of the screens does not work, it remains without signal. When the problem occurs, simply unplug and replug...
  8. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: Hi everyone, I have a Dell XPS 9350 running Windows 10 and a Xiaomi L55M5-5ASP 4K. The laptop only has a USB-c for connecting an external display, and the TV only has HDMI, so I plugged in a cheap USB-c to HDMI cable I bought a while ago, and it works, except the refresh...
  9. External monitor detected but no signal

External monitor detected but no signal: I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 laptop. I connected an external monitor via USB-C->HDMI adapter but can't duplicate or extend to it. When I switch to duplicate, extend, or second display, the setting goes back to PC screen only. The monitor, adapter and HDMI cable works because I...
  10. Windows 10 second monitor no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 second monitor no signal: Hello, I haven't been able to get my second monitor working after doing a clean install of windows 10. It is detected in the windows display settings and has the correct resolution but it says no input on the second monitor. The only problem I've noticed is in the nvidia...