Windows 10: My second internal drive isn't showing up in the Bios and system

Discus and support My second internal drive isn't showing up in the Bios and system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a MSI gaming laptop and I have 2 drives included in this laptop: a 256Gb SSD and a 1 TB harddisk. Suddenly my HDD disappeared and I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arthur_Polloa, Oct 1, 2019.

1. My second internal drive isn't showing up in the Bios and system

I am using a MSI gaming laptop and I have 2 drives included in this laptop: a 256Gb SSD and a 1 TB harddisk.

Suddenly my HDD disappeared and I cannot access nor see it: in windows file manager, disk manager and even the BIOS cannot see the disk anymore. It looks like it vanished. What can I do about it? I didn't find a solution yet online. Thx for the help!

:)

Arthur_Polloa, Oct 1, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 1, 2019
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Hard Drive Gone Missing

Is the second HDD internal or external.

If internal when you enter the bios does the HDD show in the list of drives.?

neilpzz, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

My second internal drive isn't showing up in the Bios and system

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

My second internal drive isn't showing up in the Bios and system

1. My second internal drive isn't showing up in the Bios and system - Similar Threads - second internal drive

2. My power icon isn't showing up on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    My power icon isn't showing up on my taskbar: My battery isn't showing up on my taskbar, but it's supposed to be on there. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-power-icon-isnt-showing-up-on-my-taskbar/61ce5b5c-3c00-4be3-82d9-afbd13de6dfc
  3. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  4. Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10

Internal Hard Drive Shows in BIOS but not in Windows 10: My Windows operating system resides on an internal Solid State Drive and all my data and some programs reside on a 2TB Seagate Internal Hard Drive. A couple of days ago, my system started being very slow to load, taking almost 10 minutes to boot up, programs slow to load,...
  5. Showing eject of the internal drives

Showing eject of the internal drives: Yesterday I tried to convert the SATA options from IDE to AHIC I searched over the internet and found that I can't directly change those options and I need a windows registry fix to do it, so I did that and changed the SATA option from IDE to AHIC At boot up I got an error...
  6. Internal drive not showing up

Internal drive not showing up: The internal D: drive on my laptop isn't showing up anymore after downloading a game from steam and getting a disk corrupt error message every now and again. It doesn't show up on Disk Management or Command or anything. Do I just bring it to someone and get a new compatible...
  7. Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media

Internal SATA Drives show up as removeable media: After clean install of Win 10 ver 1803 two (2) internal hard drives now appear in taskbar as removable and in fact can be removed....neither are the primary drive but backup drives....anyone else having this situation...have attempted registry changes as outlined below but...
  8. Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager: I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or Computer Management/Storage - Disc Management or anywhere. Not sure if this si Won 10 specific. Anyone else seen this or has any...
  9. Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt

Internal Hard Drive not showing up in explorer shows up in Disk Mgmt: Hello! My disk was full of useless junk, so I decided to format it. It worked fine until earlier today, where when I booted up my pc, it vanished from explorer. "Odd", I thought. So I went to Disk Mgmt and formatted it again. It shows up as a healthy partition in Disk Mgmt...
  10. Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor shows up in BIOS and Device Manager but not Windows: Hi, So I have a dual-monitor setup hooked up to my port replicator for my Dell E7240. I have my main monitor hooked up with a DVI cable and my second monitor hooked up with a DisplayPort (from the port replicator) to HDMI (on the monitor) cable. This setup has worked fine...