Windows 10: My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen

Discus and support My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a second monitor, but the display is too far to the left. The Windows button on the taskbar is partially cut off, and there is a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Treesaremadeofwood, Jan 6, 2020.

1. My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen

I am using a second monitor, but the display is too far to the left. The Windows button on the taskbar is partially cut off, and there is a small section to the right of the screen where there's just black before the actual edge of the screen. How can I fix this? The monitor is an ASUS VS207. I've used the monitor's OSD to move the screen as far to the right as I can, but I still can't get the entire screen to show, and I've also tried using a different cable to connect it to my computer, which did not work.

:)

Treesaremadeofwood, Jan 6, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 6, 2020
  4. My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen

Second monitor not filling up the entire screen

I recently got a second monitor. It works fine, but the only problem is that I can't get it the display to fill the entire screen! The left side of the screen is cut off, and the right side of the screen
    has a black bar where nothing is, and my mouse cannot go over it, as if the display is filling the entire screen. I've messed with the monitor settings in the OSD and changed the position of the display as far to the right as I could, and, while I did help
    a little bit, it still doesn't fill the entire screen. I've also tried changing the resolution - I tried every resolution that I could - but I also had no luck with that. Below, I've posted an image, just in case my explanation is hard to understand. As you
    can see, the stripes on my desktop background end, despite that not being the edge of the screen. On the left side, the Windows icon is cropped off. The monitor is an ASUS VS207. Any information about how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen [​IMG]

Treesaremadeofwood, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen

1. My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen - Similar Threads - second monitor doesn't

2. Mouse doesn't move to the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse doesn't move to the second monitor: Hi,I have 3 monitors one of them is connected to KVM so I can jump between 2 computers 2 screen each - one dedicated and one KVM switch screen.In one computer I can move the mouse between two screens and in the other one I can't the mouse blocked in the side of the screen.The...
  3. Frozen screen on my second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen screen on my second monitor: Been projecting my main pc to my laptop as a second external monitor for about 2 weeks. All of a sudden the screen projection on my laptop would freeze after a minute or two. Anybody can help me fix this and explain why it is happening? Oh and my PC is in Windows 10 but my...
  4. Frozen screen on my second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen screen on my second monitor: Been projecting my main pc to my laptop as a second external monitor for about 2 weeks. All of a sudden the screen projection on my laptop would freeze after a minute or two. Anybody can help me fix this and explain why it is happening? Oh and my PC is in Windows 10 but my...
  5. Search fills out entire screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search fills out entire screen: [ATTACH] I recently installed Win10 Pro on my new Intel NUC. When I want to search stuff it fills out my entire screen, even blacking out my wallpaper. I've tried disabling the tablet stuff that was enabled, as I read somewhere that could make issues with search on PC,...
  6. 2nd Snapped Window Doesn't Fill Entire Half

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Snapped Window Doesn't Fill Entire Half: [ATTACH] So there has been this snapped windows behavior that has been driving me crazy. When I snap one window to half of the screen, it works fine. However, when Windows 10 shows me what I can snap next to it and I select something, it will sometimes not fill the entire...
  7. My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second monitor doesn't fill up the entire screen: I am using a second monitor, but the display is too far to the left. I've used the monitor's OSD to move the screen as far to the right as I can, but I still can't get the entire screen to show. As the image below shows, the Windows button on the taskbar is partially cut off,...
  8. Make screen fill wide monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Make screen fill wide monitor: I'm using a 32" tv as a monitor. The TV has a VGA port and will work with a setting of 1024 X 768 If I go to a higher setting the TV won't accept it. The desktop used to fill the screen from side to side but has changed lately so that the display is a square in the middle...
  9. Windows 10 not filling the screen on my monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not filling the screen on my monitor?: Hi Can anyone tell me how to get Windows 10 to give me a full screen view? I have set the resolution to 1920 by 1080 the same as my monitor but the image doesn't fill my screen. I tried to make a screen shot but of course it only covers the area that's shown, so it...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't detect my second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 doesn't detect my second monitor: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my computer only detects one display rather than two. I have a Dell desktop computer and two Dell monitors. Using Windows 7 both monitors were being detected/used. Can anyone tell me how to correct. (I'm not very...