Windows 10: My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

Discus and support My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NathanMulroney, Dec 5, 2021.

1. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply and nothing has worked.

:)

NathanMulroney, Dec 5, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Dec 5, 2021
  3. steve108 Win User
    connecting second monitor

I would do as @NavyLCDR suggested here: connecting second monitor

steve108, Dec 5, 2021
  4. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

1. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC - Similar Threads - Second Monitor Connecting

2. Why won't my curser show on my second connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my curser show on my second connected monitor?: Why won't my curser show on my second connected monitor? My display shows all three screens, my laptop screen and two other monitors. But my curser won't move over to the third monitor....
  3. Why won't my curser show on my second connected monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my curser show on my second connected monitor?: Why won't my curser show on my second connected monitor? My display shows all three screens, my laptop screen and two other monitors. But my curser won't move over to the third monitor....
  4. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC: My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply and nothing has worked....
  5. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC: My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply and nothing has worked....
  6. Connecting second monitor to my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting second monitor to my desktop: I'm having trouble connecting a second monitor too my desktop I only have 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA port and I tried using a VGA and HDMI adapter but I only got a black screen on my second monitor. I could see that it at least recognized something was going on but it was very...
  7. lost my second monitor

lost my second monitor: How do I get my second monitor back? It went away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-second-monitor/8a70fe2b-9036-4461-936d-9e68a250ca57
  8. connect 3 monitors to my pc

connect 3 monitors to my pc: how I can connect 3 monitors to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-3-monitors-to-my-pc/f098470f-17e7-4a15-84fb-3f0093f29ab0
  9. Connect second monitor

Connect second monitor: Dear Admin, I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10. could you please help me? thank you Best Regards, Giovanni https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connect-second-monitor/0991fb4a-7a2c-496b-ac11-7b06a587f170
  10. My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works: For some unknown reason the HDMI connection between my laptop and my second monitor no longer works. The monitor itself is working fine, but it now gets no connection from my laptop. Worse, because I had set it to the #1 display, when I connect the two, the control panel and...