Windows 10: My second monitor keeps turning off and on

Discus and support My second monitor keeps turning off and on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 monitors connected to my pc. I reset my pc a week ago and when I got windows running my second monitor starts turning off and on when I’m... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller, May 23, 2020.

1. My second monitor keeps turning off and on

I have 2 monitors connected to my pc. I reset my pc a week ago and when I got windows running my second monitor starts turning off and on when I’m playing a game and alt+tab out. Anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TRxz-FariZKiller, May 23, 2020
  2. Swapna S Win User

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Search downloads

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, May 23, 2020
  3. second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, May 23, 2020
  4. My second monitor keeps turning off and on

Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, May 23, 2020
Thema:

My second monitor keeps turning off and on

1. My second monitor keeps turning off and on - Similar Threads - second monitor keeps

2. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  3. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  4. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  6. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  7. Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...

Second monitor connect when the second monitor turn off. when i plug on the monitor, second...: i dont waht really going on. when my second montiro turn off and didnt connect to power source . my leptop detected the second monitor [ATTACH] but the name Generic PnP Monitor not the monitor type. and then i plug the monitor to power resource, the windows wont recognize...
  8. Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off

Second Monitor Restarts When Turning Off: When the power settings turn my monitors off after the designated time, my secondary monitor will enter power saving mode. I'll then immediately hear the sound of a device disconnecting from the system, then reconnecting. At that point, the second monitor will wake up and...
  9. My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My monitor keeps turning on after I turn it off: Hello, Every time I turn off my monitor -- either when I'm leaving for somewhere or I'm heading to bed -- my monitor turns on. After trying multiple things, I've figured out that my keyboard is turning my monitor on, even when I don't touch it! I've tried multiple...
  10. Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor keeps blinking on and off: When I connect my laptop ASUS - windows 10 to a second monitor Dell S2340LC it's working sometimes but after a few minutes or when I maximize a software google chrome on my second monitor it turns off then on then off. It just keeps on turning on and off. What do you think is...