Windows 10: My second monitor rarely gets detected after getting turned off or going asleep. It only...

Discus and support My second monitor rarely gets detected after getting turned off or going asleep. It only... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The problem goes away when im running Linux but after many failed attempts I can't get it to work on my windows. I'm running the latest version with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mitchell709, Mar 17, 2021.

1. My second monitor rarely gets detected after getting turned off or going asleep. It only...

The problem goes away when im running Linux but after many failed attempts I can't get it to work on my windows. I'm running the latest version with a gtx 960 if that helps

submitted by /u/Mitchell709
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mitchell709, Mar 17, 2021

2. Second monitor not detected

Hello,

May we know if you've already tried the suggestion provided by Robert Aldwinckle on forums on this

thread
    ?

If Windows can't detect your second monitor, it's usually a driver problem. It could be due to your video driver being outdated, incorrect or faulty. It's also possible that your monitor driver is causing the problem.

Since the issue occurred after the latest update, it's possible that the video or monitor drivers require an update. Try looking for the updated version of the drivers on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If the issue persists, try to roll back the drivers to the last good configuration. To do that, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Right-click your device driver, select Properties, and browse to the
      Driver tab.
    • Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Erika Aro Win User

My second monitor rarely gets detected after getting turned off or going asleep. It only...

Windows 10 can't detect my second monitor

Thank you for confirming. We can do the following:

When the second monitor is not detected, we need to isolate if it's the monitor, the cable connecting them, or the port. We suggest that you remove your 1st monitor, then use the 2nd monitor as your 1st monitor. After that, connect the 1st monitor as the
    2nd monitor.

Usually, this it's driver-related. Windows 10 won't be able to detect the 2nd monitor if the monitor driver is out of date or faulty. We recommend, rolling back to the previous installed graphics driver and monitor driver if it updated. Otherwise, update your
    graphics and monitor drivers on the Device Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Type Device Manager in the Cortana search bar and press Enter.
    • When the Device Manager window appears, click the Display adapters and right-click the item below.
    • Select Properties, then Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Expand the Monitors, then right-click the second monitor and select Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab, and click Roll Back Driver and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, update the drivers. You can manually update the driver by visiting the websites of your graphics card and monitor manufacturers to get the fully compatible drivers for Windows 10. You can run the Find
    and fix problems with devices and hardware
    to automatically check for driver updates. Additionally, we'd like to know the make and model of your graphics cards and monitor?

Post back anytime at your convenience.

Erika Aro, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

My second monitor rarely gets detected after getting turned off or going asleep. It only...

1. My second monitor rarely gets detected after getting turned off or going asleep. It only... - Similar Threads - second monitor rarely

2. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off: On a multi-monitor setup, if a monitor is connected via a DisplayPort cable and that monitor is physically turned off, Windows thinks that the monitor has been disconnected and therefore moves all windows and desktop icons to another monitor. This annoying behavior is...
  3. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off: On a multi-monitor setup, if a monitor is connected via a DisplayPort cable and that monitor is physically turned off, Windows thinks that the monitor has been disconnected and therefore moves all windows and desktop icons to another monitor. This annoying behavior is...
  4. Monitors connected through DisplayPort get detected as 'disconnected' when turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  6. The monitor turns off for two seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The monitor turns off for two seconds: At my house, the light turned off and immediately turned on. Now, when Windows starts, the monitor is working for 5 mins, then the monitor turns off for two seconds, and then turns on and everything is fine. There is no such thing in the BIOS. After starting the monitor...
  7. The monitor turns off for two seconds

8. The second monitor flickers and turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  9. The second monitor flickers and turns off

The second monitor flickers and turns off: Hello, I have a laptop and I use a second monitor I have noticed that when I browse certain web pages, my monitor turns off or flickers to off. When I view those web pages on the Laptop screen, the second monitor turns back on and works fine. The laptop screen does not turn...
  10. My second monitor keeps turning off and on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My second monitor keeps turning off and on: I have 2 monitors connected to my pc. I reset my pc a week ago and when I got windows running my second monitor starts turning off and on when I’m playing a game and alt+tab out. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/TRxz-FariZKiller [link] [comments]...