Windows 10: My second monitor show up as second but acts like it's the first one?

Discus and support My second monitor show up as second but acts like it's the first one? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The bigger screen is the firstLook at the taskbar to see the problemBut in display settings:- Second display has the main taskbar and new programs open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DahamSirimanna, Sep 13, 2021.

1. My second monitor show up as second but acts like it's the first one?

The bigger screen is the firstLook at the taskbar to see the problemBut in display settings:- Second display has the main taskbar and new programs open on the 2nd monitor, and the windows sign in screen shows up in the second monitor instead of the first

:)

DahamSirimanna, Sep 13, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Second monitor is detected but won't visually show anything

So I just recently bought a second monitor and for some reason I can't get it to show anything but a black screen. When I try extended screen I'm able to move my mouse over to the second monitor, the computer recognizes that it's there, the monitor turns
    on, but the monitor just has a black screen and won't show anything. When I turn the monitor on and off it will start on blue like my first monitor, but then will say no signal and just stay orange.

Any suggestions?

Wes Harkins, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Wazix Win User

My second monitor show up as second but acts like it's the first one?

Windows 10 not working with a second monitor?

I have done the steps that you have posted, it does not show my second monitor as a device, in the display settings if I set my resolutions to 720p my second monitor will only show what is on my first monitor, I am unable to use it the way that I would
    like to. When I change it back to 1080p my second monitor loses signal and goes black. I use a DVI cable to connect my second monitor...if that makes any difference.

Wazix, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

My second monitor show up as second but acts like it's the first one?

1. My second monitor show up as second but acts like it's the first one? - Similar Threads - second monitor show

2. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  3. Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug in my second monitor my first monitor and second monitor go black. This was...: My main screen is an Benq and my second screen is a Asus. They are both connected with display ports, I have tried switching the cables and updating all my drivers. Could this be a broken graphics card?...
  4. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  5. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor: I have two monitors set up. One is a 1K monitor and the other 4K. Even though my 4K one is set as the default monitor and plugged into the first port on my graphics card the computer uses to 1K one to show the boot screen on. That isnt much of a problem. The poblem is that...
  6. Second, lower res monitor acting as default monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. So when I plug in my second monitor, the first one's colors are a lot cooler. Sort of like...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So when I plug in my second monitor, the first one's colors are a lot cooler. Sort of like...: So I have one big monitor that is also a TV, it is just connected to my PC by an hdmi cable. But when I plugged in my second monitor, then the first's colors get so much cooler, like more gray/blueish than usual. It is only on the big monitor, and only when the other is...
  8. So when I plug in my second monitor, the first one's colors are a lot cooler. Sort of like...

So when I plug in my second monitor, the first one's colors are a lot cooler. Sort of like...: So I have one big monitor that is also a TV, it is just connected to my PC by an hdmi cable. But when I plugged in my second monitor, then the first's colors get so much cooler, like more gray/blueish than usual. It is only on the big monitor, and only when the other is...
  9. Second monitor is showing the same as the first

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is showing the same as the first: Hello guys I have been using two of the same monitors for about 1 year now, and it worked fine. But i wanted to change my resolution for windows. After trying it in the AMD Radeon Software Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 580, i told me that the resolution i want 1750x1080, is not...
  10. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...