Windows 10: My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper

Discus and support My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I work on the PC that runs Windows 10. I want to ask you about a problem with screen sharing. My second screen suddenly (I didn’t change anything)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ferielbelala, Oct 30, 2018.

1. My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper

I work on the PC that runs Windows 10. I want to ask you about a problem with screen sharing. My second screen suddenly (I didn’t change anything) started to display incorrectly. I can see only Taskbar and Wallpaper. It doesn’t depend on the real display and on the monitor connection. I mean HDMI cable or Wireless connection. I tried to change settings in the Multiple Display (Duplicate, Extend, or Show only on 2) but it didn’t help.

:)

ferielbelala, Oct 30, 2018

2. Auto-hide taskbar on second monitor only.

Hello,

Please let us know which build are you currently in?

If you are in build number: 14342, I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    hide taskbar on second monitor and check if it helps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and Go to
      settings

• Click on the taskbar option.

• Under Multiple displays you can turn off the option for
      Show taskbar on all displays.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows 10 only displays Taskbar and Wallpaper on 2nd screen

Windows 10 has suddenly stopped incorrectly displaying the mirrored image on my 2nd screen - the only sections of the display that are being mirrored are the Taskbar and Wallpaper, regardless of what is being displayed.

This happens regardless of how the 2nd monitor is connected (HDMI cable or Wireless), or the Multiple Display setting chosen (Duplicate, Extend, or Show only on 2).

ChayaCooper, Oct 31, 2018
  4. My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper

1. My second screen displays only Taskbar and Wallpaper - Similar Threads - second screen displays

2. Screen saver only shows up on second display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver only shows up on second display: Hello everyone.I recently got a second display and I am using extended display mode.This is how the monitors are arranged: This is how the displays are actually positioned.I am also using Windows' built in screen saver feature that gives you a slide show of pictures in a...
  3. Screen saver only shows up on second display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver only shows up on second display: Hello everyone.I recently got a second display and I am using extended display mode.This is how the monitors are arranged: This is how the displays are actually positioned.I am also using Windows' built in screen saver feature that gives you a slide show of pictures in a...
  4. Changing display settings for "second screen only" mode

Changing display settings for "second screen only" mode: When I use the "second screen only" mode I receive "out of range" error, which means I have to change screen resolution and refresh rate to match the display settings, but I can't use the display to see display settings and change it. Is there a way to change these settings...
  5. Changing display settings for "second screen only" mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing display settings for "second screen only" mode: When I use the "second screen only" mode I receive "out of range" error, which means I have to change screen resolution and refresh rate to match the display settings, but I can't use the display to see display settings and change it. Is there a way to change these settings...
  6. Second display constantly stuttering/turning on and off in Windows' 'Second Screen Only'...

Second display constantly stuttering/turning on and off in Windows' 'Second Screen Only'...: I have been having this issue in Windows both 10 and 11 Professional for years where setting the projection settings to “Second screen only” results in the second display constantly turning on and off and/or stuttering dependent on video card, it seems. It looks like...
  7. Second display wallpaper wont change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second display wallpaper wont change: I know how to change the wallpaper in the settings for individual displays, but when I click to set it for display 2 nothing happens, and choosing display 1 changes both. Please help!...
  8. Second display wallpaper wont change

Second display wallpaper wont change: I know how to change the wallpaper in the settings for individual displays, but when I click to set it for display 2 nothing happens, and choosing display 1 changes both. Please help!...
  9. Second screen only works, but not extend display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second screen only works, but not extend display: I'm having an issue with my fiance's laptop. She likes to work on two screens at home, so she has a monitor set up at her desk that she connects the laptop to to do work. Her laptop has been doing something really weird recently though. It shows in the display settings that...
  10. Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you auto-hide the taskbar on only the second display?: I'm looking to have the taskbar on the main display stay static while the taskbar on the second display has the auto-hide function. I've been looking around the internet and it seems my only options are to have it auto hide on both displays, remove it entirely on the second...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop displays only taskbar when hdmi to 2nd display