Windows 10: My secondary HDD causes a bsod

Discus and support My secondary HDD causes a bsod in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so today when i turned on my pc it gave me the bsod CACHE_MANAGER and i looked it up and it said to unplug any secondary drives so i did and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SympleBoi, Jul 29, 2020.

1. My secondary HDD causes a bsod

Hi, so today when i turned on my pc it gave me the bsod CACHE_MANAGER and i looked it up and it said to unplug any secondary drives so i did and it booted. is there a way i can fix it so i can use my secondary drive?

submitted by /u/SympleBoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SympleBoi, Jul 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 29, 2020
  4. JayceeM Win User

My secondary HDD causes a bsod

Help choosing a secondary HDD

I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

JayceeM, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

My secondary HDD causes a bsod

1. My secondary HDD causes a bsod - Similar Threads - secondary HDD causes

2. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  3. Add a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a secondary HDD: This weekend I plan on getting a new computer that has a 1TB SSD only. I plan on taking the 4TB HDD out of this 12-year-old computer and using it as a secondary drive “D” drive. My 4TB HDD is about 2.5 years old and is a western digital that has 2 partitions on it. My current...
  4. HDD Problems causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDD Problems causing BSOD: Hello My Sony VAIO stopped working a few years ago. Windows 10 was running slowly. A day the PC wasn't booting anymore and it was giving UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. After that i tried to run "System Diagnosis" but it wasn't starting it showed only win10 logo and then a black...
  5. no connect external hdd cause bsod

no connect external hdd cause bsod: hi, my laptop connect external hdd via usb3.0 everything works fine, but no connect external hdd will cause bsod. I already update latest version of intel driver dump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkO_gpBnT93mg0-afcWWElU6QBEt?e=BRH0jk...
  6. Secondary HDD not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary HDD not showing: I got HP 15ay-543tu with windows 10 ver.1909 installed in it I istalled a new ssd with os in it to the main os boot space. And my older HDD as in DVD reader with caddy First few days it works fine, but suddenly it stopped showing in windows explorer, disk managment, device...
  7. Secondary HDD totally inaccessible

Secondary HDD totally inaccessible: Recently I encountered system slowdown and instability on my Windows 10 PC. After trying a large amount of troubleshooting steps, I've almost fixed the problem by using "Reset This PC" to reinstall Windows without removing personal files. However, there's still one issue:...
  8. Secondary hdd boot error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Secondary hdd boot error: I have installed Windows on my ssd in my laptop.. I took off the cd-dvd case and put an hdd.. now when I turn on there's an error (0xc000000f).. I entered the bios and the boot order is ok.. however if I press esc several times I get the option to choose a boot drive.. so I...
  9. D:\... is unavailable (My Secondary HDD for Data)

D:\... is unavailable (My Secondary HDD for Data): Hello everyone, I have a SSD (C drive for programs) and an HDD (D drive for documents). My HDD is circa 5 years old and until yesterday it ran without problems. It didn't even become noticeable slower for me. Now I get the following error trying to access it: [img]...
  10. Secondary HDD not turning off

Secondary HDD not turning off: Hey guys, I upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro yesterday and so far everything works great, the only problem is that my secondary HDD always stays on. I have a 128GB SSD as my main drive and an 750GB HDD as my secondary drive for games, pictures and stuff. Since the...