Windows 10: My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not...

Discus and support My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What can i do to fix this problem, My Windows defender is not working. And the windows security, Security at glance only what can i do to this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChokerSteal, Sep 19, 2019.

1. My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not...

What can i do to fix this problem, My Windows defender is not working. And the windows security,

Security at glance only what can i do to this prob.......????

My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not... 8b6f0d50-fab8-4a58-9138-498eae0ef7ec?upload=true.png

:)

ChokerSteal, Sep 19, 2019

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not... wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Virus & Threat Protection not show up in Windows Security

Hello,

My name is Jennifer, an independent advisor trying to help.

Here you have the steps to activate it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/401298...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/securi...

https://www.howto-connect.com/disable-enable-vi...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it

Regards.

JenniferCooper19, Sep 19, 2019
  4. JCH54 Win User

My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not...

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not...

1. My Security defender is just shut down and my virus & threat Protection version is Not... - Similar Threads - Security defender shut

2. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  3. Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Threats Under Virus & threat protection and Protection History: I have Windows 10 Home 21H1 OS Build 19043.2251.Under Virus & Threat Protection there is PUA:Win32/Solvusoft. How do I remove this without me personally touching registries? I do not want to manually touch registries. I already deleted the file download that triggered this....
  4. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  5. My Virus and Threat Protection Is Not There

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Virus and Threat Protection Is Not There: As the title says, that is my problem. I can't enable virus and threat protection because the option to do so is not in the Windows Security pane. I have tried deleting the "DisableAntiSpyware" from the registry editor, but it simply is not there. submitted by...
  6. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  7. virus & threat protection settings in defender

virus & threat protection settings in defender: I have Personal Surface pro device ,,,, why in Virus and threat protection settings --- Cloud delivered protection and automatic sample submission can't be turned on????? I just have MS defender no other antivirus or spyware programs on my device. It syas settings managed by...
  8. security - virus & threat protection

security - virus & threat protection: My computer is showing virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. We are a small office and each computer should only have Windows Defender running. We also had Malwarebytes. I deleted Malwarebytes but now I cannot run Defender. I don't see any other...
  9. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  10. Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem

Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem: Hi Microsoft service, I need your help to fix my computer that I had struggle to find why Virus & Threat Protection is not working. I was updated Windows 10 Update. There are some changes to add new feature. Need your help to fix my computer. Regards, Spring...