Windows 10: My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's.

Discus and support My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I seem to be having problems with my default apps. They seem to have vanished. I try to reset but I am just getting the blue screen. What is going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JudiPressman, Feb 28, 2019.

1. My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's.

I seem to be having problems with my default apps. They seem to have vanished.

I try to reset but I am just getting the blue screen.

What is going on. It was working fine last night and now it is not.

Judi

:)

JudiPressman, Feb 28, 2019

2. opening .JPG with other the default app

I want to keep default..When you right click on a .jpg image the context menu

has an option of "open with" the app Smart pix manager does not appear nor does it show when you select "choose another app"

I want to add Smart Pix Manager app to that list but not change default

BIGBERN(2), Feb 28, 2019
  3. opening .JPG with other the default app

How can you select an app that is on your computer but dose not show up and the listing of "open with" or "choose another app". My default app is "windows photo viewer"the app I am trying to open is called "Smart Pix Manager" when I try to open a jpg from
    within the app no problem..But Windows 10 does not know it is there

BIGBERN(2), Feb 28, 2019
  4. My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's.

cannot change default app for jpg files

Hi KH,

Setting a default program or app to open a file doesn't restrict other apps or programs that support the same file type to open it. With your .jpg file opening with Photo viewer, it appears that Photo viewer is set as the default program. If you want to
    use the other program as the default .jpg viewer, then let's make sure that it's properly selected as the default program. Make sure to close both your Photo viewer and Irfranview apps first before doing the changes.

To associate a file type or protocol with a program, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs, then Default Programs.
    • In the right pane, click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Locate and click .jpg extension and click the Change Program option in the upper left corner of the page.
    • Select the program or app you want .jpg file to open with. If the app you want to use doesn't appear under
      Other options, then click on More apps.
    • Once you've selected the app or program, click OK and then
      Close

Try opening a .jpg file and see if it opens with your selected app or program.

Let us know if you need further help regarding this matter.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's.

1. My seem to have lost my default apps. I cannot open JPGs or PDF's. - Similar Threads - seem lost default

2. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  3. I seem to have "lost" all my documents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I seem to have "lost" all my documents?: Cant find any of my documentsDon't know what has happened, what I've done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-seem-to-have-lost-all-my-documents/26a2f9b1-4ae2-475f-9003-0e58aff7db5e
  4. I have lost my internet and cannot reconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my internet and cannot reconnect: So I had a laptop since 2020 and for absolute no reason, I lost connection, but this isn’t normal, not only I can’t reconnect, but all of it is gone and the only thing that is left for my internet is my Ethernet, here is proofHow is this possible and how do I fix it?Thanks...
  5. I have lost my internet and cannot reconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost my internet and cannot reconnect: So I had a laptop since 2020 and for absolute no reason, I lost connection, but this isn’t normal, not only I can’t reconnect, but all of it is gone and the only thing that is left for my internet is my Ethernet, here is proofHow is this possible and how do I fix it?Thanks...
  6. People Cannot Open My PDF Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    People Cannot Open My PDF Files: I just got my second PDF File back because a third-party could not read it. I have a Canon MG3620 Printer and a Windows 10 Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.906 What might be the hangup? * Moved from MSN...
  7. I cannot open PDF's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot open PDF's: I cannot open PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-open-pdfs/6acd27dc-0728-4614-873d-17f5ff5275b7
  8. My default apps won't open???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My default apps won't open???: Okay so i tried to open my Mail but it said "explorer.exe Class not registered" and so i thought there was a bugs i tried to troubleshoot my computer (i'm running windows 10) so it can fix bugs nut my settings wont open either! i thought maybe it had to do with internet...
  9. I seem to have lost my touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I seem to have lost my touch: I cannot get touch and inking to work on my 2-in-1 Tablet PC's touch screen. I have used it before, but now I cannot remember if I have missed out something to activate it again. I can draw and scribble with the mouse but not with my (basic) stylus or fingers, either in the...
  10. Changing the Default App for JPGs Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Default App for JPGs Doesn't Work: I re-installed Windows last week, and now the default for jpgs (in the "choose the apps by file type" section) but it refuses to change. It's set to I click on the plus-in-a-box and the list of apps appears, including Photoshop, which is what I want instead of Photos. Voila!...