Windows 10: My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed

Discus and support My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have selected 5 personal photos to use on my Lock Screen. However, over time Windows decides not to use these photos and replaces them with 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DHH1300, Oct 9, 2018.

1. DHH1300 Win User

My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed

I have selected 5 personal photos to use on my Lock Screen. However, over time Windows decides not to use these photos and replaces them with 5 strange random photos that are not on my computer, they are not photos I have taken, saved, viewed or downloaded.

How do I get Windows to only use the photos I have selected for the lock screen.

:)

DHH1300, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Lock screen photo

Hi,

To change the
    lock screen photo, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left side of the screen, click on
      Lock screen.

• In the
      Background, change it to
      Picture.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Why Windows started rotating my photos from Viber when I lock the screen and how to remove this functionality?

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern about photos from an app showing on your lock screen, we suggest that you check your lock screen settings with the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Go to Lock Screen.
    • Under Background, check whether Windows Spotlight,
      Pictures, or Slideshow is selected.

If Slideshow is selected, try changing it to either of the two other options.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 9, 2018
  4. My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed

Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed

1. My selected Windows 10 Lock Screen photos are removed - Similar Threads - selected Lock Screen

2. No lock screen photo in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No lock screen photo in Windows 11: I've just updated my laptop to Windows 11 and there is no lock screen photo just a black screen when I log in and type my PIN. When I tried to change the picture using any of Windows default wallpaper, it shows on the preview but when I lock my laptop and open it, it's still...
  3. No lock screen photo in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No lock screen photo in Windows 11: I've just updated my laptop to Windows 11 and there is no lock screen photo just a black screen when I log in and type my PIN. When I tried to change the picture using any of Windows default wallpaper, it shows on the preview but when I lock my laptop and open it, it's still...
  4. Removing locked screen photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing locked screen photos: Why is it so difficult to remove locked screen photos from Windows 10? It shouldn't be so difficult! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-locked-screen-photos/b6445ba6-ce13-497c-ba11-6ca71b95e9ea
  5. photo slideshow on lock screen or background not working or selecting photo's. Please help

photo slideshow on lock screen or background not working or selecting photo's. Please help: photo slideshow on lock screen or background not working or selecting photo's. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-slideshow-on-lock-screen-or-background-not/8d88b4e4-7265-409c-8a5c-85952e765f82
  6. Remove 'Lock screen'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove 'Lock screen': My computer signs in without a password, but when it goes to sleep the lock screen appears - and I want to get rid of it. I've been to Settings> Power and Sleep and Lock Screen but couldn't find any suitable settings. Looking forward to solving it... Thanks....
  7. Photo select screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photo select screen: I am trying to print 4 pictures on 1 page. I followed all the instructions but when I R click on the picture, I get the post showing the 3 sizes and NO photo select screen. How do I install or fix the problem....
  8. Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo

Windows 10 lock screen reverts to stock photo: OK, not a question - but I've been looking for an answer to the subject problem for a while, and thanks to another site that I've misplaced, I've found an answer. It may make the good folks at MS crazy that I'm screwing with their programming, but this is the only way I've...
  9. Remove lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove lock screen: I want to remove the annoying lock screen, I don't have touchscreen and there is really irritating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-lock-screen/5f78474a-b086-416a-9ace-e132a83117b0
  10. Lock Screen Photo

Lock Screen Photo: can anyone help me locate this photo. it was shown in my lock screen unfortunately i can not locate it anymore. your help is highly appreciated. thank you in advance! 35068