Windows 10: My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.

Discus and support My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on Send/Receive it gets hung up on Checking 'Sent Mail' for new messages. Eventually I get this message: Your IMAP server has not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CapriceEllefson, Oct 5, 2019.

1. My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.

When I click on Send/Receive it gets hung up on Checking 'Sent Mail' for new messages. Eventually I get this message:

Your IMAP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond? I have tried clicking on wait serveral times and it still does just repeats this message after 60 seconds.

I believe this started after I send an email with 3 pictures attached. I did not get any message that said that the email was too large.

How can I get any messages I send to be put into my Sent Mail folder?

:)

CapriceEllefson, Oct 5, 2019

2. Sent Items are not showing in the sent folder in Windows Mail

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would like to know, whether you are using Windows Live Mail or Mail app?

I suggest you to check if the emails are present in the Outbox.

If you are using Windows Live Mail then, I would recommend you to refer to the responses created on
    Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder and check if it helps.

Sent emails not showing in Windows Live Mail "Sent Items" folder

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Chriso747 Win User
    windows live mail sent emails appear in draft sent folder and not sent folder

I'm not sure I understand how you know that the message in your drafts folder is sent. Is there some visible indication of this or are you assuming that it went and now sits in the drafts folder?

Anyway, I'm sure you're sending emails properly, but to confirm with you the following: when you compose an email and save it in Drafts, it will remain in Drafts even though you hit the Send/Receive button to send it. While in Drafts, it needs to be double-clicked
    back into the edit screen and then you press Send. It then goes into the Outbox folder and when you press Send/Receive it then goes to the recipient and your email gets saved in the Sent Folder. I just state this to make sure that this is all correct with
    you and that's what you have been doing.

If the above is what you have been doing, then I suggest that you send a test email back to yourself. Does this email still mysteriously moves into the Drafts folder? And do you eventually receive it into your Inbox?

If you are not receiving your email back to yourself and it moves from Outbox and into Drafts folder as Sent, then I would ask, is your email account a Pop3 or IMAP account?

One other thing: when in Live Mail, click on View and then on Storage Folders. A new listing Storage Folder with sub folders will appear on the left. Are there any emails (particularly the email in question) found in any of the boxes under Storage Folders?

Chriso747, Oct 5, 2019
  4. cgsos Win User

My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.

Mail app not displaying sent emails in folder

I've added an IMAP account provided by an institutional server (****@fidas.org). I've checked that sent items are stored correctly when working on Windows Live Mail or from webmail.

This is not the case with the new Windows 10 metro mail app, sent emails don't show in any of the sent folders I've created.

I've been struggling with the issue for quite a long time. My mail provider does not know where the issue might be. I believe it is somehow related to the name the windows mail app gives to the folder for sent items. If I knew the exact name of that folder I could create a folder with that name through the webmail page and finally have all of my devices properly sync.

I've talked to the technical service and they adviced me to switch to another mail provider app. I would prefer not to do that because I like the integration with People and other windows apps.

Thank you.

cgsos, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.

1. My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail. - Similar Threads - sent emails are

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent: I see a lot of posts for the same problem. How can this be corrected? It's very frustrating when you think you've sent an email and await an answer when only to find it in the "drafts" folder. What is the problem and why is this happening?...
  5. A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A copy of sent emails is not being saved in my "Sent folder".: We are using the Mail app, Windows 10 on the laptop not Outlook. We have no problem sending or receiving emails. The problem is we don't have a copy of what we have sent. I have tried all suggestions from Windows/Microsoft. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  6. windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder

windows mail puts sent email into junk rather than sent email folder: I cannot access a file menu either to change the settings. Sorry if this is a dumb question but is Windows mail connected to Outlook? I can see the settings there and the box 'save sent email to sent email folder' is ticked. I cannot find such option in windows mail.......
  7. Windows Mail sends emails ok but instead of the emails going into the Sent folder they go...

Windows Mail sends emails ok but instead of the emails going into the Sent folder they go...: Windows Mail sends emails, using my outlook.com or my gmail.com email addresses, fine but instead of the sent emails going into the Sent folder they go into my Spam folder. I then have to move them from Spam to the Sent folder. Anyone else having this problem?...
  8. Why are my Sent mails going to my Spam folder and not showing in the Sent folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are my Sent mails going to my Spam folder and not showing in the Sent folder?: There seems to be a number of quirks relating to sending emails via the Mail app on Windows 10 computers. How can I stop messages from going into my own Spam folder when I expect to see them listed under Sent?...
  9. Live Mail sent email never received

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live Mail sent email never received: I used Windows "Live Mail" (little white open envelope) on 11/22/19. I typed up an email and sent the email. Email recipient did not receive. I know I sent. I did not receive an email notice error saying "undelivered." I tripled checked email address and it was correct....
  10. Deleted and Sent e-mails not populating in Trash and Sent folders in Windows Live Mail.

Deleted and Sent e-mails not populating in Trash and Sent folders in Windows Live Mail.: I have a gmail account that goes to Windows Live in Windows 10. The problem is, while my sent and deleted e-mails do populate in GMAIL "SENT and TRASH" FOLDERS (whether I delete from Windows Live or direct in Gmail account), they will NOT populate in sent and trash folders in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sent email not going to sent folder

2. Strategies to get Outlook to populate Send Drafts and Outbox folders

3. windows mail sent mail not in sent folder