Windows 10: My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram?

Discus and support My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have really high ram usage of my 16 gigs of ram in my Dell G5 5590 laptop because of this, around 90%. The usage will be low on startup with about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mbfree, Mar 8, 2020.

1. /u/mbfree Win User

My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram?

I have really high ram usage of my 16 gigs of ram in my Dell G5 5590 laptop because of this, around 90%. The usage will be low on startup with about 1-2 mb each and then continuously rise while i’m using my PC eventually leading to a crash/ blue screen. I’ve tried multiple fixes and none have worked. My windows is up to date and my drivers are too. The service host programs are windows programs i believe so i hope there is a fix out there.

Specs: Intel i7 9700h GTX 1650ti 16 gigs ddr4 ram 1 tb HDD 252 gigs sad

submitted by /u/mbfree
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mbfree, Mar 8, 2020

2. Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

I have 16GB of memory installed in my system and there are an ungodly amount of Service Host Applications that appear in task manager that are taking up almost constantly 95% of my RAM. I get that it is a feature in newer Windows 10, but I would like to
    be able to play a game without it freezing every 4 seconds because I am out of RAM.

AdrastosCrius, Mar 8, 2020
  3. NHKomaiha Win User
    High RAM usage (up to 96% !) "Service Host" and "System"

i have installed Windows 10 Pro, it was working normally, but idk how it changed suddenly and became taking RAM highly

main RAM takers:

Service Host: Local System

Service Host: Local Service

System

when i close any (except System) RAM gets empty fast (from +90% to ~20%)

and when System takes RAM highly, i cant do anything, i immediately restart pc

these processes keep taking RAM ascending

1. i tried to run:

sfc /scannow

it found errors but cant fix and here is the
    LOG
    file

My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram? e0880c5d-3903-4a98-95bd-8b94e1b50326.png

2. cleen boot didnt change anything (turn off all non-microsoft services)

NHKomaiha, Mar 8, 2020
  4. My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram?

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram?

1. My service host apps are all taking up about 50mb of ram? - Similar Threads - service host apps

2. Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM: Hi,I have a Desktop with windows 10 64Bit. Recently I've noticed on my task manager a process called connected devices platform user service that is taking up 500mb of ram. It is not taking any other resources but it is just annoying me that it is there even after restarting...
  3. Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service taking up 500MBs of RAM: Hi,I have a Desktop with windows 10 64Bit. Recently I've noticed on my task manager a process called connected devices platform user service that is taking up 500mb of ram. It is not taking any other resources but it is just annoying me that it is there even after restarting...
  4. Service Host takes all memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  5. Service Host takes all memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host takes all memory: Recently my pc is acting weird. I don't know what to do but what I know is that a service host is eating all my memory. Can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-takes-all-memory/abce05cb-dbf0-44ed-a934-ac9469c045c8
  6. Antimalware Service Executable is taking up all my Disk in task manager 100% at 50MB/s

Antimalware Service Executable is taking up all my Disk in task manager 100% at 50MB/s: I started my computer one day and it was using all my Disk space, I can't load anything and even google takes several minutes to load. I barley made it to the website to post this. I have tried Task Scheduler and watched multiple videos on how to fix. But it still sits at...
  7. Service host taking too much ram

Service host taking too much ram: How do I fix this as I barely have 3-4 GB ram left out of 8GB [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/service-host-taking-too-much-ram/aa6f3e12-641d-4daf-9bc3-43d47487d72a
  8. Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM

Service Host Applications are taking up every bit of my RAM: I have 16GB of memory installed in my system and there are an ungodly amount of Service Host Applications that appear in task manager that are taking up almost constantly 95% of my RAM. I get that it is a feature in newer Windows 10, but I would like to be able to play a game...
  9. Service Host open too much taking all my RAM

Service Host open too much taking all my RAM: My ram has been at super high usage and crashing other programs. After looking into task manager the main issue seems to be system host is open over 50 times taking an average of 100mbs.[ATTACH]...
  10. Service hosts taking up all the memory.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service hosts taking up all the memory.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/zeez_brah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg9bw3/service_hosts_taking_up_all_the_memory/