Windows 10: My settings app crashes

Discus and support My settings app crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My settings app crashes whenever I open this one specific page, and its really annoying. On the Display page, I then go to the Windows HD Color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SalmaNazimuddin, Apr 12, 2020.

1. My settings app crashes

My settings app crashes whenever I open this one specific page, and its really annoying. On the Display page, I then go to the Windows HD Color settings page, it opens for a moment and loads, then closes out about 3 seconds later. Im unable to change any of the settings on it during this time.

:)

SalmaNazimuddin, Apr 12, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 12, 2020
  3. SETTINGS APP CRASHES

Hello, thanks for replying to my question. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem before viewing your reply. I created a temporary new user account using command prompt and used the new user account to update windows 10. As soon as my windows 10
    is up to date the settings app no longer crash. For the time being, the problem is solved. If in the future this problem surface again I might try the steps you suggested.

Kelsey Mun, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

My settings app crashes

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

My settings app crashes

1. My settings app crashes - Similar Threads - settings app crashes

2. settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings app crashes: I'm trying to reset my laptop and when I go to settings> Update and Security and press the recovery button, the settings app crashes. Similarly when I search 'Reset this PC' and press 'Enter', It crashes without any errors.I'm using windows 10....
  3. settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings app crashes: I'm trying to reset my laptop and when I go to settings> Update and Security and press the recovery button, the settings app crashes. Similarly when I search 'Reset this PC' and press 'Enter', It crashes without any errors.I'm using windows 10....
  4. Settings App Crashed

Settings App Crashed: Hi! I just recently installed a new font through settings app in Windows 10. The installation is successfull. But, when I uninstalled the font. The settings app is not responding and crashed. I will attach the screenshot of the detail in Reliability History. [ATTACH]...
  5. Settings Apps crashes

Settings Apps crashes: My settings app crashes immediately after I open the app,it gets stuck on the icon for a whileseen in below image and then closes.I can't access any settings or even update Windows as everything is in the settings app.This issue is in my brand new laptop....
  6. Settings app crash

Settings app crash: To whom it may concern, my seetings app on windows 10 is crashing every single time I try to use it. How do I fix the problem? Yours sincerely https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/f850cbf1-b1cf-48e9-9005-b9fb372197dc
  7. Settings App crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings App crashes: Hey, today I was trying to manage my background apps but everytime I try to open the background apps tab in settings, the app crashes. I can't seem to find help anywhere in the internet. submitted by /u/UGAleo [link] [comments]...
  8. Settings app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app crash: Settings app crashes after clicking System or Display settings after installing the update. Current Windows version : 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/981c8048-feea-4ea0-930c-521378fbe60a
  9. Settings app crash

Settings app crash: Settings app crashes after clicking System or Display settings after installing the May 2019 update. Current Windows version : 1903 OS Build : 18362.207 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/8d54e4cb-4f3a-4f44-b8ea-1f471cff6f67
  10. settings app crashes

settings app crashes: settings app crashes right after opening. tried several fixes found online, to no avail.... Help, PLEASE!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crashes/955cc4e4-86ea-4ab7-8870-cbcafdf5675b