Windows 10: My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help

Discus and support My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So the brightness was to bright so I tried to go into settings and turn it down. But I mean It opens but only for a second, and then it closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JajuanAlford, Aug 12, 2020.

1. My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help

So the brightness was to bright so I tried to go into settings and turn it down. But I mean It opens but only for a second, and then it closes automatically and I have tried looking for some help but none of it works or I'm just not finding the right thing. I just really need some help and I cant even troubleshoot It nor see If It Is an update problem

:)

JajuanAlford, Aug 12, 2020
  2. BTiger Win User

Store App opens loads for about a second then closes

1. Go to "This PC"
    2. Double click "OS (CMy Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help :)"
    3. Open "Users"
    4. Open your username (The Profile you are currently working in)
    5. Open "AppData"
    6. Open "Local"
    7. Open "Packages"
    8. Open "Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    9. Open "LocalCache"
    10. Delete the entire folder, with contents, you see there.
    For those who didn't want/need a step by step:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
    Then delete the one folder in LocalCache.
    And that's pretty much it. Opened store and no issues after. Also if anyone is having issues with the Mail App, if you have AVG, it's the firewall on that so just turn it off and mail will start syncing. Hope this helps everyone.

BTiger, Aug 12, 2020
  3. hreich Win User
    Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second

Help--i can't change my lock screen settings...when i open lock screen settings, it closes automatically after one second and it won't allow me to change settings...desktop wallpaper settings does not have the same problem

hreich, Aug 12, 2020
  4. My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help

Windows Apps automatically closes

hey,

I suggest you to perform the following steps one by one and check if it helps.

• Running the App troubleshooter
    Run the App troubleshooter named Windows store Apps from control Panel and check if it helps.

If not then,

• Perform System File Check (SFC)
    Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open search Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

If still not helps then,

• run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help

1. My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help - Similar Threads - Settings App Opens

2. Help! Random apps are opening and closing every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Random apps are opening and closing every second: Have a Lenovo laptop that has apps popping open and closing constantly. Can’t even seem to get to the bar to type in anything. It may be Bing driven as that seems to be the main thing opening and closing, but other apps PPT etc do the same. No idea what to do....
  3. Help! Random apps are opening and closing every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Random apps are opening and closing every second: Have a Lenovo laptop that has apps popping open and closing constantly. Can’t even seem to get to the bar to type in anything. It may be Bing driven as that seems to be the main thing opening and closing, but other apps PPT etc do the same. No idea what to do....
  4. My settings app automatically closes after i open it and i need help, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings app automatically closes after i open it and i need help, how do i fix this?: My Settings App automatically closes every time i open it for no reason,i saw alot of youtube videos that told me to put a certain code in windows powershell but it still didnt work,i really need it because opera became my default browser and i need it back on google...
  5. My settings app automatically closes after i open it and i need help, how do i fix this?

My settings app automatically closes after i open it and i need help, how do i fix this?: My Settings App automatically closes every time i open it for no reason,i saw alot of youtube videos that told me to put a certain code in windows powershell but it still didnt work,i really need it because opera became my default browser and i need it back on google...
  6. My settings app automatically closes after i open it and i need help, how do i fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open network settings in Windows 10 the app opens for a second then closes: If you click the network icon in the lower right task bar, then click Network & Internet the app screen with the little cog wheel shows briefly then closesLike wise if you open the settings app, then click on Network & Internet the screen just closesBUT if you type 'ethernet'...
  8. Automatically closing and non opening Apps

Automatically closing and non opening Apps: Voice recorder gets closed automatically when I click on record. X Box game bar never opens on clicking it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-closing-and-non-opening-apps/8c0bf1ab-b0d9-451c-b7fe-2080f008718e
  9. My settings app opens then closes

My settings app opens then closes: No fixes work, I can still access control panel, I have admin privileges too. I booted the computer in safe mode and something was still wrong. Please help...
  10. Settings closing few seconds after opening it.

Settings closing few seconds after opening it.: When I try to open settings on windows 10, it shows up for few seconds and closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-closing-few-seconds-after-opening-it/9064bd52-340a-476d-b259-9ec362da2b82