Windows 10: My settings app opens then closes

Discus and support My settings app opens then closes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No fixes work, I can still access control panel, I have admin privileges too. I booted the computer in safe mode and something was still wrong. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris Ku, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Chris Ku Win User

My settings app opens then closes

No fixes work, I can still access control panel, I have admin privileges too. I booted the computer in safe mode and something was still wrong. Please help

:)

Chris Ku, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. My settings app opens then closes :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 26, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 26, 2020
  4. My settings app opens then closes

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

My settings app opens then closes

1. My settings app opens then closes - Similar Threads - settings app opens

2. Apps open then close immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps open then close immediately.: This is starting to get on my nerves. When I open an app like the Xbox app, Microsoft store, get help app, or any random app, it just closes on me. Doesn't open for a split second. This is pissing me off as I quite literally asked someone else, they said I'd get a reply with...
  3. my apps open and then close immediatly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apps open and then close immediatly: Every time I try and open Epic Games, Spotify, Discord Brave browser etc... it opens but for around 10 seconds and then it closes leaving no trace. My friend did this and won't tell my how to undo it. I'm assuming its firewall but I'm not sure how that works. I don't know...
  4. my apps open and then close immediatly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my apps open and then close immediatly: Every time I try and open Epic Games, Spotify, Discord Brave browser etc... it opens but for around 10 seconds and then it closes leaving no trace. My friend did this and won't tell my how to undo it. I'm assuming its firewall but I'm not sure how that works. I don't know...
  5. my apps open and then close immediatly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Settings App Opens For A Second And Then It Closes Automatically I Need Help: So the brightness was to bright so I tried to go into settings and turn it down. But I mean It opens but only for a second, and then it closes automatically and I have tried looking for some help but none of it works or I'm just not finding the right thing. I just really need...
  7. Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Settings App Opens then Closes: To tech professionals, I have windows 10 Home single language. When I open any Microsoft app Photos, Mail, Calendar, Groove music, Weather etc.., it shows the border of the app and the close it immediately. But this is not happen to Microsoft store. It opens normally and...
  8. Some apps open and close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some apps open and close: Hello I have a problem with my HP Notebook 15 preinstalled Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to windows 10 Home and when I first started it up it booted up like normal and did everything normal. But after like 60 days or so PowerShell started opening by itself and it made most apps...
  9. Apps opening, then immediately closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps opening, then immediately closing: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 19041.84. Many Windows Apps , when I try to open them, open a window like they are starting correctly, then immediately close. I have tried resetting the apps, uninstalling, and reinstalling them, Windows App Store troubleshooting, DISM restore...
  10. Windows settings open and then close

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings open and then close: When I go into Windows settings I'll try to open Update & Security and ease of access, It will start to open but only flash open and then close. I must have screwed something up....