Windows 10: My settings changed after I reset my laptop?

Discus and support My settings changed after I reset my laptop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so I reset my laptop a couple of months ago and realized a lot of my settings have changed. I used to be able to have two-finger scrolling on my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Angela15422, Apr 21, 2020.

1. My settings changed after I reset my laptop?

so I reset my laptop a couple of months ago and realized a lot of my settings have changed. I used to be able to have two-finger scrolling on my mouse pad, but now it doesn't work, and I have looked at countless forums and haven't found a solution yet. I also used to have the advanced mouse pad on my settings where I can turn two-finger scrolling on or off, but that "advanced mouse" setting doesn't show up anymore either. I'm also not sure but in my personalized settings, I can't change the color of my taskbar, and the option of showing color on the "start, taskbar, action center" box is greyed out, and I can't click on it. Am I able to get these settings back, and how did resetting my computer wipe out these settings? please help!!

:)

Angela15422, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 21, 2020
  4. IggSter Win User

My settings changed after I reset my laptop?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

My settings changed after I reset my laptop?

1. My settings changed after I reset my laptop? - Similar Threads - settings changed reset

2. My Windows drive icons changed after resetting my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows drive icons changed after resetting my laptop.: My windows drive icon changed after resetting my laptop. How should I resolve this issue?. What does that icon indicates?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-drive-icons-changed-after-resetting-my/ed690611-1be2-4a9e-a35b-1c0264144552
  3. My Windows drive icons changed after resetting my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows drive icons changed after resetting my laptop.: My windows drive icon changed after resetting my laptop. How should I resolve this issue?. What does that icon indicates?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-drive-icons-changed-after-resetting-my/ed690611-1be2-4a9e-a35b-1c0264144552
  4. My PC reset after i changed username

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC reset after i changed username: Please i changed the default name i used on my PC and i was told to sign out, and when i signed in, my PC reset, but i could see my old username in my local disk user folder. I have no restore point, i have restarted my PC 3 times but still the same result. Please what would...
  5. How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?

How do I Reset my laptop to factory settings?: I have tried Patricia Guernot advice to recover Bitlocker Key Success However the Laptop will nott accept. Options 1 thro 9 How do. I continue to perform a reset to factory from there?...
  6. How do I. Reset my laptop to factody settings?

How do I. Reset my laptop to factody settings?: I have tried Patricia Guernot advice to recover Bitlocker Key Success However the Laptop will nott accept. Options 1 thro 9 How do. I continue to perform a reset to factory from there?...
  7. Will my factory Windows 10 change into local after i reset my laptop?

Will my factory Windows 10 change into local after i reset my laptop?: Will my factory Windows 10 change into local after i reset my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-my-factory-windows-10-change-into-local-after/1c890dc8-baf0-4748-85ad-bfaf42eadff2
  8. Cant login after I reset my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant login after I reset my laptop.: I reset my laptop and after it finished it did not take me to setup the laptop it took me to the login screen.This it what it said after the reset. Im sorry the pic is a little blurry. Can you help? Thanks [IMG][IMG][IMG]...
  9. After Reseting My Laptop...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Reseting My Laptop...: I wanted to reset my laptop, so I did. And now, because I had something to do, I left my house. I came back and my laptop is in the windows like someone logged in. When I open it, it says "Other User" and that's all. My laptop doesn't want to connect to both the ethernet and...
  10. This happens after I reset my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    This happens after I reset my laptop.: When I click right mouse button while its still in the screen it just roll over for a long time and doesnt respond like the picture under. Help me to fix this. Thanks. [ATTACH]...