Windows 10: my settings for device & other devices is completely different form what help shows

Discus and support my settings for device & other devices is completely different form what help shows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I open "device & other devices" And the setting screen I get is completely different from what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RealPommy, Jun 18, 2020.

1. RealPommy Win User

my settings for device & other devices is completely different form what help shows

I open "device & other devices" And the setting screen I get is completely different from what

https://support.microsoft.com/vi-vn/help/4026874/windows-10-share-files-over-bluetooth

shows.

I cannot connect to bluetooth because my Win 10 Home does not show the following.

Under Bluetooth Settings & Other devices, select Send or receive files over Bluetooth.I

I find no "Send" nor "Receive" anywhere in conjunction with BlueTooth.

:)

RealPommy, Jun 18, 2020
  2. 7IM
    7im Win User

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

3. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Some devices might be listed under hidden devices in Device Manager, I suggest you to open Device Manager then click on View option and click on Show hidden devices. Once it is done, check whether you can find the device.

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the device with other USB ports and check if it is detected (If you are connecting through USB).

Also, try updating the USB drivers and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

-Open Device Manager.

-Find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

-Right-click on each driver listed and click on Update Driver Software

-Restart the system after updating the drivers.

-Try connecting the device and check if the issue still persists.

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

AngelCarreno, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

my settings for device & other devices is completely different form what help shows

Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. my settings for device & other devices is completely different form what help shows - Similar Threads - settings device devices

2. My Computer Isn't Showing a "Other Devices" in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Isn't Showing a "Other Devices" in Device Manager: I have an external device connected to my computer, but when I go to Device Manager, one of the folders that are supposed to show up isn't showing up; the "Other Devices" folder. I also tried to scan for hardware changes and properties, but it said all the needed drivers were...
  3. My Computer Isn't Showing a "Other Devices" in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Isn't Showing a "Other Devices" in Device Manager: I have an external device connected to my computer, but when I go to Device Manager, one of the folders that are supposed to show up isn't showing up; the "Other Devices" folder. I also tried to scan for hardware changes and properties, but it said all the needed drivers were...
  4. Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device: When at work, I used my company’s computer to log into my OneDrive account to do homework. When I finished, I logged out of my OneDrive, but somehow my whole account was connected to the computer. When I logged onto my laptop, my desktop had icons on it that were originally...
  5. "Other Devices" on privacy setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Other Devices" on privacy setting: Hello,Can anyone please explain to me what does the Other Devices privacy setting mean? The supplied explanation isn't clear to me.There is Xbox as an example, but I don't understand what it does exemplify, to be honest....
  6. No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Output/Input Devices are showing in my Sound Device Settings - help!: My mic is no longer working and when I looked at the settings, there are no devices shown. Can anyone help walk me through re-installing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-outputinput-devices-are-showing-in-my-sound/bb7cb2f0-a384-43a1-99f8-86241472b969
  7. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  8. My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices

My laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices: Hi...!!! I'm getting trouble with other devices option... I have to install Xbox 360 controller to my laptop but it's possible only through other or unknown devices.... So my laptop is not showing other devices or unknown devices in device manager .... How can I get unknown...
  9. downloading fortnite on a different device then what its showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downloading fortnite on a different device then what its showing: fortnite download is not showing all my devices to download on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-fortnite-on-a-different-device-then/ccd0879b-7b5b-4503-aae6-90ad8982c3f2
  10. My moblile hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other devices and other...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My moblile hotspot is not showing in my laptop but it is showing in other devices and other...: My Mobile is Lenovo K8 Plus and I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-moblile-hotspot-is-not-showing-in-my-laptop-but/f9c906e1-0a3c-47dc-8fc0-6e74f7c133b2