Windows 10: My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree.

Discus and support My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For a while now, pop-ups randomly come which tell me that i need to activate windows. When i click on the settings option, settings say windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aditya Ghosh, Jun 20, 2024.

1. My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree.

For a while now, pop-ups randomly come which tell me that i need to activate windows. When i click on the settings option, settings say windows is activated. I kept ignoring it but today word also shows product activation failed. I ran the slmgr -dil test, and it shows the product as licensed. So i tried 'wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey OA3xOriginalProductKey' to obtain the product key. I put this key into word and it shows that they did not recognize.EDIT: the partial key given by the slmgr -dil test is nowhere in the product key.Any help would be appreciated, th

:)

Aditya Ghosh, Jun 20, 2024

2. Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article Timeline feature not working in Windows 10), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Jun 20, 2024
  3. Microsoft Edge Pop-up Blocker

Hello,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Click on (…) at the top right corner.

• Click on settings.

• Click on View Advanced Settings.

• There you will be able to manage Pop ups.

• If you don’t want then you will be able to turn on/off.
    Please refer to the link below.

Block pop-ups in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps, keep us posted.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 20, 2024
  4. Octopolus Win User

My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree.

No Safely remove notifiction pop up, HAVE Icon

1st suggestion didnt work at all.
    2nd suggestion works but after that when i stop the device the "normal way" its still the same, no "safe to remove device" shows up

Octopolus, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree.

1. My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree. - Similar Threads - settings show activated

2. My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My settings show that windows is activated but word and pop-ups disagree.: For a while now, pop-ups randomly come which tell me that i need to activate windows. When i click on the settings option, settings say windows is activated. I kept ignoring it but today word also shows product activation failed. I ran the slmgr -dil test, and it shows the...
  3. Pop-ups for active windows in my windows 10 keep showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-ups for active windows in my windows 10 keep showing: I have my gaming pc for over a month I got it from a real shop in my city, which have windows 10 on it.The pc started poping up every few hours a pop up that sais : "Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate windows" with a button that said "Go to settings". This popup...
  4. Windows 10 battery icon disagrees with batter status pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 battery icon disagrees with batter status pop-up: My laptop a Dell E5470 uses a Dell docking station most of the time. If it sits on there for more than a day the battery icon in the status area doesn't indicate that it is charging, it just stays at the level it was when docked, and if you hover over the icon it shows the...
  5. Windows 10 battery icon disagrees with batter status pop-up

Windows 10 battery icon disagrees with batter status pop-up: My laptop a Dell E5470 uses a Dell docking station most of the time. If it sits on there for more than a day the battery icon in the status area doesn't indicate that it is charging, it just stays at the level it was when docked, and if you hover over the icon it shows the...
  6. Windows 10 battery icon disagrees with batter status pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. This shows up in my Activation Settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This shows up in my Activation Settings.: So while I was browsing the web doing normal stuff that I do My eye caught the Activate Windows watermark and I was shocked on why it showed up, So I go to my activation settings and this shows up. So, why is this happening and how can I fix it?The Activate Windows watermark...
  8. This shows up in my Activation Settings.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This shows up in my Activation Settings.: This thing shows up when I saw the Activate Windows watermark so, why is this happening? And how can I fix it? the Activate Windows watermark is distracting me from my gameplays...
  9. This shows up in my Activation Settings.

This shows up in my Activation Settings.: This thing shows up when I saw the Activate Windows watermark so, why is this happening? And how can I fix it? the Activate Windows watermark is distracting me from my gameplays...
  10. Words popping-up..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Words popping-up..: Hi, please tell how to stop words from popping up as shown in image. It is causing a bit of a problem. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/words-popping-up/9cf89c36-e3ee-4000-bfa7-59d70532ef27