Windows 10: My settings tab will not open

Discus and support My settings tab will not open in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My settings tab will not open. I have also not associated my PC with my microsoft account. When I run command prompt I don't have administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JosephRichardson4, Sep 18, 2020.

1. My settings tab will not open

My settings tab will not open. I have also not associated my PC with my microsoft account. When I run command prompt I don't have administrator privilages. From the troubleshooters I have gone through it seems I now need to reinstall windows but first I need to associate my PC with my microsoft account which it seems I cannot do because I cannot open my settings tab. Help!

:)

JosephRichardson4, Sep 18, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Opening edge with set tab

" I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting Edge again."

Open your Mail in a tab, to get address, then open Settings. Hit the 3 line menu (upper L) then Startup. Use the options in screenshot. I have 2 start pages listed but you get the idea -

My settings tab will not open [​IMG]

mrgeek, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

4. angus Win User

My settings tab will not open

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

My settings tab will not open

1. My settings tab will not open - Similar Threads - settings tab open

2. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  3. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.: Hello,I am running Windows 10 and I cannot open the System tab in the Settings menu. I've tried running a sfc/ scannow command in the command prompt, but my computer is also not recognizing me as the Administrator. I don't know how to move forward....
  4. System tab in Settings will not open or stay open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Setting wont open i cant open my search bar or my windows tab

Setting wont open i cant open my search bar or my windows tab: I just opend my computer one day and I try'd to type something in and it wouldn't open my search bar and windows tab this is what it said when I try'd to find a corrupt file. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection...
  6. i cannot get my settings tab to open

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cannot get my settings tab to open: when i hit the settings tab it flashes for a second and the disappears and i dont know how to fix the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-get-my-settings-tab-to-open/17b87704-e209-4d59-a007-fa5d0df78b44
  7. The settings tab wont open

The settings tab wont open: The settings tab wont open and I dont want to change accounts because I have installed Microsoft Office and eset. I've tried all the commands in cmd and task manager like sfc and rebboting all and specifically settings. Is there a solution to this. This post was made on...
  8. Opening edge with set tab

in Browsers and Email
    Opening edge with set tab: I am running Edge Chromium at the moment and when I close down it shuts all opens tabs - I don't have a problem with that but what I would like it for me to open Edge so that Outlook.com mail opens automatically in the first tab on start up or closing all tabs and selecting...
  9. Settings tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings tab: I got a brand new dell XPS 13 9380. Whenever I minimize the settings tab, it exits out of it immediately. However, If I don't minimize the tab it stays open. How do I make it so that the tab doesn't close out every time I minimize it? Thanks....
  10. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...