Windows 10: My settings wont open in Windows 10

Discus and support My settings wont open in Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is anyone else having issues opening the settings using Windows 10? I have sought after many online solutions and NONE of them have worked. Is their... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kemp04, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Kemp04 Win User

My settings wont open in Windows 10

Is anyone else having issues opening the settings using Windows 10? I have sought after many online solutions and NONE of them have worked. Is their a real solution for this issue?

:)

Kemp04, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  3. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 20, 2020
  4. My settings wont open in Windows 10

windows 10 settings page wont open

after the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 the settings page wont open, it just flashes and I cant check for updates. any suggestions?

Phillipm384, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

My settings wont open in Windows 10

1. My settings wont open in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - settings wont open

2. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  3. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  4. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My settings wont open

My settings wont open: Hello. I cant open my settings and ive tried every method. I think its because i tried to switch screen 1 to screen 2 and have only 1 monitor. Can someone help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-wont-open/45a75387-d440-499d-807b-4b09ea0452e8
  6. SETTINGS WONT OPEN

SETTINGS WONT OPEN: Hi there! I am using Windows 10 Education and I first kept getting error "windows insider build ran into a problem" and then my pc used to reboot. 2 days back i noticed that now I am unable to use the settings in the notification panel. I then tried to open settings and they...
  7. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: I am trying to change the fresh rate of my monitor howevere when I attempt to go into Display Settings; the settings application crashes and will n ot let me change my refresh rate. Ivew had this problem for about a week but no solution has worked...
  8. Setting Wont open!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Wont open!!: Hello, Windows 10 v2004 x64 I click on settings and nothing happens *Banghead How am I going to update my Windows next patch Tuesday? I don't think I blocked it from my firewall, but what is the name of the service just to check? Last changes I did in my computer were...
  9. settings app in windows 10 wont open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    settings app in windows 10 wont open: setting app in windows 10 wont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-in-windows-10-wont-open/f5c287d8-729e-417f-b340-285d62d63809
  10. settings wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings wont open: Click on gear win 10 get error when trying to open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/settings-wont-open/40055783-c3a7-42ed-bb93-343a4a6e946f