Windows 10: My Settings won't open on windows 10

Discus and support My Settings won't open on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a few issues with my MSI GL63 8RC laptop and I'm wanting to factory reset it to try and fix these problems, but it won't let me. It shows it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LoG Blaze, Nov 20, 2018.

1. LoG Blaze Win User

My Settings won't open on windows 10

I have a few issues with my MSI GL63 8RC laptop and I'm wanting to factory reset it to try and fix these problems, but it won't let me. It shows it open but then closes it after a few seconds.

:)

LoG Blaze, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 21, 2018
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 21, 2018
  4. My Settings won't open on windows 10

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

My Settings won't open on windows 10

1. My Settings won't open on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Settings won't open

2. Windows 10 System Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System Settings won't open: I have tried using the Windows logo key +I, I tried the Settings icon on the Start Menu, the Display Settings from the Desktop right-click menu; the Task Bar Settings right-click menu, and every time, the Settings window appears for 1-2 seconds and closes. Restarting the PC...
  3. Windows settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings won't open: Hi, I tried to open the settings app on windows 10 today and it refuses to open, I have restarted Pc and also tried command prompts but nothing has fixed it, it just pops up and then closes immediately, I can't access updates, display settings or anything....
  4. Why won't Windows 10 Settings Open?

Why won't Windows 10 Settings Open?: Hey there, I recently received a new Windows 10 laptop. When I got it, settings worked perfectly fine. The other day, I was using this laptop and I tried to open settings. However, it would simply quickly flash a window with a settings icon and it wouldn't open anything. The...
  5. My settings won't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My settings won't open: I dont when this happened but my settings will show for like 2 seconds then closes itself submitted by /u/graphicheart10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mabky2/my_settings_wont_open/
  6. Settings won't open in windows 10

Settings won't open in windows 10: From the last few days, the system setting won't open. And from last night even WhatsApp application doesn't even open. When I double click setting and whatsapp, it doesn't make any changes it remains the same as before double click. Please provide a solution for this, it...
  7. My settings won't open???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My settings won't open???: Yea it was working just fine forever and then just yesterday, it just stopped opening. I can launch any of the settings like the main panel, the uninstall apps, and the Bluetooth which I need to connect a controller through Bluetooth so this is an issue. Any help? I'm on 2004...
  8. Windows 10 settings won't open.

Windows 10 settings won't open.: I ran the scannow in the command center, it found a corrupt file and I restarted my laptop. Still will not open settings control panel. I'm needing this fixed ASAP....
  9. Windows Won't open Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Won't open Settings: I'm on windows 1803 at the moment, mostly because my machine won't open up settings in the windows menu to check for updates. I've tried using the Run command and then typing "ms-settings" into the box, but I get a popup saying that Windows cannot find "ms-settings." Any...
  10. Settings won't open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Settings won't open in Windows 10: Start, Settings does nothing. Settings does not open. Otherwise Windows 10/Edge is great. 10963

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my settings wont open

2. my settings wont open windows 10

3. windows help settings wont open

4. settings wont open windows 10,
  5. my windows 10 settings wont open,
  6. my settings app wont open windows,
  7. open my settimgs,
  8. windows phone wont open settings,
  9. windows 10 settings wont open 2019,
  10. settings app wont open,
  11. settings wont open in windows 10,