Windows 10: my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check

Discus and support my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22595963675053319236... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShojiMeguro, Aug 8, 2019.

1. my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check

my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22595963675053319236

:)

ShojiMeguro, Aug 8, 2019

2. sfc /scannow error

That's why Im asking the question. Am I correct in thinking that its perfectly normal that after the second running of sfc /scannow in your list you would get :-

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Then after that..its the third sfc /scannow that you list that comes up clean .
    Ivghandi was saying that he presumed that the second sfc /scannow you list showing "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them" meant that he still had a problem.

The way I understand that DISM works is that it repairs the Component Store. Then when you run SFC /scannow again it can then repair the file corruptions it detected originally. Have I got that correct?

sportsfan148, Aug 8, 2019
  3. butterfly Win User
    CBS log: How to fix findstr in Windows 10 for sfc /scannow 'SR' filter

Hi everyone and Kyhi!

I am new to the forum and my Win 10 is experiencing some sfc /scannow errors.
    Tested in Powershell and also cmd with the same error.
    After reading the posts #61 and #62 at Sevenforum thread 'Windows 7: How do you fix corrupted files found by SFC /SCANNOW?', also I tried to use the following comand (after sfc /scannow in elevated cmd) to extract only the SR rows from the CBS.log:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
    But while it actually works in Windows 7 , under Windows 10 simply continues to blink and the sfcdetails.txt is empty.

How to fix that findstr command, please? *Confused
    P.S. Screnshot shows the txt file out of the desktop because I tried to generate it also in C:\ but without results.

Thank you,

butterfly, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Terrypin Win User

SFC errors - how to identify/fix?

As one (not particularly hopeful) step in trouble-shooting a problem (Cortana not opening reliably) I used sfc /scannow from an elevated command. At its conclusion I got this message:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios."

I opened that log file - but it's 52,000 lines long! How could a user be expected to isolate it from that? More important, what are suggested ways for me to proceed please? Apart from ignoring the unidentified problem(s).

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check - Similar Threads - SFC Scannow cannot

2. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  3. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  4. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  6. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cbs sfc/scannow interpreting: Hello, I just did an sfc /scannow and it came out that errors have been corrected and that I have reviewed the cbs file, which I don't know how to interpret, if anyone can help me... file link https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akydfmp45OsXkAM6kng7-7F0bO4z?e=y7If62 I thank you in advance...
  7. cbs sfc/scannow interpreting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now): 1) Was trying to troubleshoot the fact Excel would not bring up or execute a Macro - nor- bring up Visual Basic. 2) Attempted to reload Office (made a few selection changes) and received "SetUp Found Errors in the Registration Database". 2) Troubleshooter came up and tried...
  9. SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now)

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC/Scannow generates CBS Log and Can't Fix (What Now): 1) Was trying to troubleshoot the fact Excel would not bring up or execute a Macro - nor- bring up Visual Basic. 2) Attempted to reload Office (made a few selection changes) and received "SetUp Found Errors in the Registration Database". 2) Troubleshooter came up and tried...
  10. Weird entries in CBS log after SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird entries in CBS log after SFC /Scannow: Does anyone know what this is???? I have about 50 of them. "0000049a Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:23]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\bcastdvr" in component Microsoft-Media-Capture-Internal-BroadcastDVR, version 10.0.10586.11, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open /offlogfile flag

2. offlogfile flag

3. Offlogfile =c:log.txt

4. http://offlogfile flag/,
  5. OFFLOGFILE,
  6. how do i fix /offlogfile flag,
  7. LOGFILE FLAG.,
  8. offlog flag,
  9. OffLOGFILE flag.PSC:\ Windows\,
  10. windows dism flags,
  11. /offlogfile flag windows 10,