Windows 10: my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check

Discus and support my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22595963675053319236... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShojiMeguro, Aug 8, 2019.

1. my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check

my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22595963675053319236

:)

ShojiMeguro, Aug 8, 2019

2. sfc /scannow error

That's why Im asking the question. Am I correct in thinking that its perfectly normal that after the second running of sfc /scannow in your list you would get :-

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
    Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
    For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
    windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
    repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

Then after that..its the third sfc /scannow that you list that comes up clean .
    Ivghandi was saying that he presumed that the second sfc /scannow you list showing "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them" meant that he still had a problem.

The way I understand that DISM works is that it repairs the Component Store. Then when you run SFC /scannow again it can then repair the file corruptions it detected originally. Have I got that correct?

sportsfan148, Aug 8, 2019
  3. butterfly Win User
    CBS log: How to fix findstr in Windows 10 for sfc /scannow 'SR' filter

Hi everyone and Kyhi!

I am new to the forum and my Win 10 is experiencing some sfc /scannow errors.
    Tested in Powershell and also cmd with the same error.
    After reading the posts #61 and #62 at Sevenforum thread 'Windows 7: How do you fix corrupted files found by SFC /SCANNOW?', also I tried to use the following comand (after sfc /scannow in elevated cmd) to extract only the SR rows from the CBS.log:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
    But while it actually works in Windows 7 , under Windows 10 simply continues to blink and the sfcdetails.txt is empty.

How to fix that findstr command, please? *Confused
    P.S. Screnshot shows the txt file out of the desktop because I tried to generate it also in C:\ but without results.

Thank you,

butterfly, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Terrypin Win User

SFC errors - how to identify/fix?

As one (not particularly hopeful) step in trouble-shooting a problem (Cortana not opening reliably) I used sfc /scannow from an elevated command. At its conclusion I got this message:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios."

I opened that log file - but it's 52,000 lines long! How could a user be expected to isolate it from that? More important, what are suggested ways for me to proceed please? Apart from ignoring the unidentified problem(s).

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

1. my SFC /Scannow cannot fix the error so it exports CBS.log, Please check - Similar Threads - SFC Scannow cannot

2. sfc /scannow error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow error: After recent cumulative update of July 9, I did cleaning and then sfc /scannow.see picture below [img] I did thrice sfc /scannow. But I am getting error always. I am unable to decode from CBS.log. I am attaching cbs.log. I will be thankful if anyone can help me how to go...
  3. Error in log after sfc /scannow

Error in log after sfc /scannow: Maybe this is the cause of my dde server errors. I don't know how to try and fix. CSI 0000065c Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \?? I have a few for different folders. Can some one point me in the correct direction ? 62743
  4. Errors is CBS logs

Errors is CBS logs: Have eventually got 10 activated and it is a bit buggy freezing on certain pages and I ran the sfc and got back there are some errors - see pic - and I am wondering just what these errors are and what to do about them. Any advice please. Edit I went looking for them but...
  5. SFC /scannow - errors

SFC /scannow - errors: Hey all! I recently upgrade to Windows 10 2 weeks ago and for kicks I decided to run an SFC /scannow .. and It found a whole slew of errors! It's weird because I don't see anything wrong with the OS but I know there are according to the scanner. I ran it a few times,...
  6. Weird entries in CBS log after SFC /Scannow

Weird entries in CBS log after SFC /Scannow: Does anyone know what this is???? I have about 50 of them. "0000049a Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:23]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\bcastdvr" in component Microsoft-Media-Capture-Internal-BroadcastDVR, version 10.0.10586.11, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8...
  7. sfc /scannow errors

sfc /scannow errors: I had a problem with chrome on windows 10, uninstalled it, new installer had malware on it. fixed it all up. system runs fine no problems. Decided to check sfc /scannow and got the corrupt files message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  8. SFC /SCANNOW Error

SFC /SCANNOW Error: When trying to run SFC /SCANNOW the following error is generated: C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. Is this a knpown problem with solution? 20898
  9. SFC /SCANNOW cannot fix storport.sys

SFC /SCANNOW cannot fix storport.sys: Hi there, been a while since I was on here. Been getting a few intermittent lock ups here and there and I MAY have narrowed it to the SSD, or specifically old firmware and corrupt files. Firmware was easy enough to resolve, then I used DISM to fix the disk image too -...
  10. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open /offlogfile flag

2. offlogfile flag

3. offlogfile flag windows 10

4. log file provided by the /offlogfile