Windows 10: My shift button doesn't work for some keys

Discus and support My shift button doesn't work for some keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi , I need help my shift button doesn't work since 2 days ago. My shift button somehow doesn't work for some keys so I can do uppercase, but my shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stephen Sugiharto, Dec 10, 2018.

1. My shift button doesn't work for some keys

Hi ,
    I need help my shift button doesn't work since 2 days ago. My shift button somehow doesn't work for some keys so I can do uppercase, but my shift button can't do it. When I press "t","y","n","b" somehow I can't make them to uppercase with the shift button "" I can't and the question mark doesn't work as well please help me.

:)

Stephen Sugiharto, Dec 10, 2018
  2. LTUGamer Win User

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Shift Key Not Working.

Hello.

I have a Shift Key that doesn`t work. I have checked and the key pressed down finely so I don`t believe its whats making my keyboard slightly broken. I believe it is the software fault for making a key unusable on my laptop because both of my Shift Keys
    do not function as intended. But whatever it is, I am tired and done with the On-Screen Keyboard and I just want to get my physical keyboard back into order. If you could please find me a solution, that would be greatly appreciated.

For context, here is the computer I am using.

Laptop: HP Pavillion G6.

Thank you for reading.

MacDows200, Dec 10, 2018
  4. NZChuck Win User

My shift button doesn't work for some keys

Shift+D not working??

Had same problem with right Shift and D only. Left Shift and D was working, right Shift and D was not doing anything (not a small d but nothing at all). All other Shift key combinations were working. In my case turned out the print screen button on the keyboard was stuck. Once released worked fine. So if a key isn't working pays to see if some other keys are stuck.

NZChuck, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

My shift button doesn't work for some keys

1. My shift button doesn't work for some keys - Similar Threads - shift button doesn't

2. shift key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key doesn't work: hello there, i hope that you are all having a good day. recently, i have run into a very strange problem on my laptop. my shift key doesn't work. however, this only happens sometimes. for example, when i first boot the laptop, the shift keys don't work. there are times where...
  3. shift key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift key doesn't work: hello there, i hope that you are all having a good day. recently, i have run into a very strange problem on my laptop. my shift key doesn't work. however, this only happens sometimes. for example, when i first boot the laptop, the shift keys don't work. there are times where...
  4. shift key doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Shift key doesn't work on occasion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key doesn't work on occasion: Hello there, I hope that you are having a good day. I am having a problem where my shift keys on my keyboard don't work after the PC wakes up from a sleep state. Sometimes this also occurs when I boot the PC up. I am not sure what is going on because I have updated all of my...
  6. My Shift keys are not working with some keys on keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Shift keys are not working with some keys on keyboard: I'm using the ASUS Notebook, both of my Shift keys are not working properly as they used to a couple weeks back. My right shift cannot press Z in capital or making ? symbol. My left shift key cannot press ] symbol. Other keys are fine.What should I do? I have all the driver...
  7. Some keys not working with Shift both

Some keys not working with Shift both: Some keys s, c, n, m, j are not working with either of the Shift keys in Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 OS build 19041.508 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 All the keys are working individually, Shift key is working with all other keys. Issue does not persist...
  8. Keyboard some of key is not working with shift.

Keyboard some of key is not working with shift.: Recently,i installed the windows update after which my laptop keyword keys stop working with shift key.keys like l,k,j,a,s,d,','.>< stop working with shift key but they working perfectly with caps lock....
  9. some keyboard keys not working with shift key.

some keyboard keys not working with shift key.: dear sir /madam , im having a problem that when i am doing shift+a , the capital letter cannot occur , im currently using hp pavillon laptop .The capital letter also cant occur for the A,S,D,Z,X,C,V, F . I hope sir /madam could able to solve but if i use caps lock it...
  10. my shift key doesn't work.

my shift key doesn't work.: My shift key doesn't work. any quick fixes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-key-doesnt-work/32f3a947-fc30-4d4a-a93a-80805be44844

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my at button doesnt work when i press shift on my lenovo

2. shift keys not working so cant type password to open computer