Windows 10: my shift key doesn't work.

Discus and support my shift key doesn't work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My shift key doesn't work. any quick fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by beckyt1, Jun 18, 2020.

1. beckyt1 Win User

my shift key doesn't work.

My shift key doesn't work. any quick fixes

:)

beckyt1, Jun 18, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

my shift key doesn't work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Shift Key Not Working.

Hello.

I have a Shift Key that doesn`t work. I have checked and the key pressed down finely so I don`t believe its whats making my keyboard slightly broken. I believe it is the software fault for making a key unusable on my laptop because both of my Shift Keys
    do not function as intended. But whatever it is, I am tired and done with the On-Screen Keyboard and I just want to get my physical keyboard back into order. If you could please find me a solution, that would be greatly appreciated.

For context, here is the computer I am using.

Laptop: HP Pavillion G6.

Thank you for reading.

MacDows200, Jun 18, 2020
  4. KatJB Win User

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

1. my shift key doesn't work. - Similar Threads - shift key doesn't

2. shift key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key doesn't work: hello there, i hope that you are all having a good day. recently, i have run into a very strange problem on my laptop. my shift key doesn't work. however, this only happens sometimes. for example, when i first boot the laptop, the shift keys don't work. there are times where...
  3. shift key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shift key doesn't work: hello there, i hope that you are all having a good day. recently, i have run into a very strange problem on my laptop. my shift key doesn't work. however, this only happens sometimes. for example, when i first boot the laptop, the shift keys don't work. there are times where...
  4. shift key doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Shift key doesn't work on occasion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift key doesn't work on occasion: Hello there, I hope that you are having a good day. I am having a problem where my shift keys on my keyboard don't work after the PC wakes up from a sleep state. Sometimes this also occurs when I boot the PC up. I am not sure what is going on because I have updated all of my...
  6. Shift key doesn't work on occasion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key doesn't work on occasion: Hello there, I hope that you are having a good day. I am having a problem where my shift keys on my keyboard don't work after the PC wakes up from a sleep state. Sometimes this also occurs when I boot the PC up. I am not sure what is going on because I have updated all of my...
  7. Shift key doesn't work on occasion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. my shift keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shift keys are not working: my shift keys are not working so eg cannot use question mark and instead get _ . Just checked the key to the right of zero and if I press the shift key on that I get the interrogation mark. It seems that these two keys have swapped over and similarly if I press shift key...
  9. My shift button doesn't work for some keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My shift button doesn't work for some keys: Hi , I need help my shift button doesn't work since 2 days ago. My shift button somehow doesn't work for some keys so I can do uppercase, but my shift button can't do it. When I press "t","y","n","b" somehow I can't make them to uppercase with the shift button "" I can't and...
  10. Shift key doesn't always work

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift key doesn't always work: So this issue only happens intermittently and there is no rhyme or reason for it [say, works after a reboot then goes out after awhile], it's completely random, as you can see, I was able to capitalize the beginning of this sentence, and the "I" awhile back, and it's working...