Windows 10: My shift key is not functioning correctly

Discus and support My shift key is not functioning correctly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RyvanLim, Dec 19, 2021.

1. RyvanLim Win User

My shift key is not functioning correctly

My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled sticky keys and all the other keys. https://gyazo.com/21aca3d8d14001c664dfdaaa9d5cfc4eWhile testing the shift keys, i hold the keys down while doing it. The first "part" you hear is the broken one, followed by the one that is working then the one that is not working. Sorry if this post sounds confusing cuz i dont really know how to explain it.

:)

RyvanLim, Dec 19, 2021

2. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1.
    However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work.
    For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from selected document text also Ctrl+Shift+ should magnify page, etc but do not work.
    The Ctrl key, Shift key and function keys work normally individually but not in a combination.
    I would welcome any guidance.
    Thanks.

un1corn Guest, Dec 19, 2021
  3. Shift/ctrl key problem.

Hi Jovan,

The issue you're experiencing is probably due to incorrect settings. A Windows Ease of Access feature called
    Filter keys is an accessibility function that tells the keyboard to ignore repeated strokes. When this function is enabled, it ignores whatever key is pressed down or repeatedly pressed. To verify this, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click on Set up Filter keys.
    • The Turn on Filter Keys should not be checked, as well as
      Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds

We also suggest that you play around with the features and check which one works best for you. If the issue persists, let us know.

Patricia Yu, Dec 19, 2021
  4. My shift key is not functioning correctly

alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Dec 19, 2021
Thema:

My shift key is not functioning correctly

1. My shift key is not functioning correctly - Similar Threads - shift key functioning

2. function keys shift ctrl & capslock stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    function keys shift ctrl & capslock stuck: Hello Microsoft forum!I'll try to keep this short, this is basically what's been happening: After some time playing a rts game which involves a lot of shift and ctrl usage at apparently random instances I kept noticing that the control keys shift ctrl and capslock were stuck...
  3. function keys shift ctrl & capslock stuck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    function keys shift ctrl & capslock stuck: Hello Microsoft forum!I'll try to keep this short, this is basically what's been happening: After some time playing a rts game which involves a lot of shift and ctrl usage at apparently random instances I kept noticing that the control keys shift ctrl and capslock were stuck...
  4. function keys shift ctrl & capslock stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My shift key is not functioning correctly

My shift key is not functioning correctly: My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled sticky keys and all the other keys. https://gyazo.com/21aca3d8d14001c664dfdaaa9d5cfc4eWhile testing the shift keys, i hold...
  6. My shift key is not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My shift key is not functioning correctly: My shift keys been acting up recently, I am not sure how to explain in but i attached a video to demonstrate what is happening. I have already disabled sticky keys and all the other keys. https://gyazo.com/21aca3d8d14001c664dfdaaa9d5cfc4eWhile testing the shift keys, i hold...
  7. function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.

function/esc keys aren't functioning correctly.: hi! so recently i started using a blueetooth keyboard, but whenever i press the esc button on the keyboard, it opens a new chrome tab, no matter if i'm gaming or doing anything else. i tried turning off action keys through system bios, but that didn't seem to work, the...
  8. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...
  9. Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys

Shift Keys Not Performing Their Expected Function With Certain Numerical Keys: Hi, I just recently updated my Windows 10 OS to Windows 10 version 1903 OS Build 18362.778. The shift keys are not giving me the expected results when I use them with the following keys: 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 0. They return all the expected results on all the other keys,...
  10. Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Contol + Shift key combinations functions not working: I have just purchased a new HP Envy Laptop model 15-A E05SA. and have upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1. However, for some reason the Control + Shift key plus other key combination functions do not seem work. For example Ctrl+Shift+f9 should remove all hyperlinks from...