Windows 10: My shift key isn't working normally on my labtop

Discus and support My shift key isn't working normally on my labtop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My shift key becomes always (virtually) pressed after i leave my labtop on for a while(about 1-2 hours) It started after i installed an ssd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gumgum420, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Gumgum420 Win User

My shift key isn't working normally on my labtop

My shift key becomes always (virtually) pressed after i leave my labtop on for a while(about 1-2 hours)

It started after i installed an ssd.

Things i tried:

1)updating drivers

2)disabling ease of access options

3)cleaned my keyboard

:)

Gumgum420, Feb 5, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 5, 2019
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Feb 5, 2019
  4. KatJB Win User

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. My shift key isn't working normally on my labtop - Similar Threads - shift key isn't

2. My both shift keys not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My both shift keys not working!: Hi, from a few months my both shift key stopped working. When I restarted my laptop in safe mode, they started working! I understood that some background app is interfering with the shift key, but the problem is I have a lot of programs installed, and I can't figure it out....
  3. None of my shift keys are working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my shift keys are working: None of my shift keys are working and I've tried turning all the ease of access settings on and off but they are just unresponsive please help this issue has been going on for a while but before I would go to my settings and turn the ease of access settings on and off but now...
  4. PRODUCT KEY cab be shifted to onathr labtop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PRODUCT KEY cab be shifted to onathr labtop: Dear GentsCan i shift my product key to my new labtop i will deleted from old oneplease confirmregardshisham https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-cab-be-shifted-to-onathr-labtop/966b376c-c07c-4976-96dd-d5fcabd739be
  5. Shift key isn't working with certain keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift key isn't working with certain keys: Today when i turned on my laptop and went to write an essay, i noticed that certain keys don't work with the shift key. i don't have sticky keys on, but when i do turn that on these keys work just fine. The keys that the shift key doesn't work on includes c, e, i, m, o, p, q,...
  6. My = key isn't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My = key isn't working.: So a few days ago I noticed that my keyboard wasn't registering my = sign when I typed it out. Instead when I click the equals key for the first time, it acts as if it were a right click, and brings up the menu options. It will only do that once, however, and then after...
  7. my shift keys are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    my shift keys are not working: I have a H p pavilion laptop and the shift keys are not working I have tried sticky keys and updating keyboard driver but still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-keys-are-not-working/c2f30f5a-42ed-4526-af9e-8e2a4b5224ae
  8. Shift (at) key isn't working

Shift (at) key isn't working: I just opened up my brand new HP laptop and when I press shift (at) I get " instead of the (at) symbol. When I press shift quotation I get @ so they have swapped around somehow....
  9. Right Shift key isn't working properly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Shift key isn't working properly.: I got a new keyboard and right away I've noticed that the Right Shift key isn't working properly. While trying to capitalize the letter T it doesn't work, some letters work fine other sometimes type out a different letter, mostly F or S. This problem occurs only while holding...
  10. my shift keys are not working

my shift keys are not working: my shift keys are not working so eg cannot use question mark and instead get _ . Just checked the key to the right of zero and if I press the shift key on that I get the interrogation mark. It seems that these two keys have swapped over and similarly if I press shift key...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my shift key isnt working

2. shift isnt working

3. my shift isnt working

4. my shift isnt working on my keyboard,
  5. my windows key isnt working,
  6. my shift key isn;t workin,
  7. dell laptop windows 10 shift key not working