Windows 10: My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in...

Discus and support My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ImportantSherbert [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImportantSherbert, Nov 17, 2019.

1. My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in...

/u/ImportantSherbert, Nov 17, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in... :)

terrace, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in... :)

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in...

Shortcut problems

looots of questions: no, they worked normally and then it screwed up after a BSOD.

Shortcuts THEMSELVES work, its merely that say... right clicking, choosing new -> shortcut doesnt. thats how i make them, so its driving me nuts that it doesnt work.

I'm not really interested in other methods, i can do those - its just the new->shortcut menu problem.

i dont mean websites, i mean shortcuts to anything - i MAKE the shortcuts via this method, so its P*ssing me off that i have to do it alternative ways.

Mussels, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in...

1. My shortcut folders have black boxes and deny access, but this only happens on shortcuts in... - Similar Threads - shortcut folders black

2. Shortcut folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut folders missing: My shortcut folders are missing in explorer.How do I enable the shortcuts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-folders-missing/2348fc95-78d8-444c-8747-e2c8317bea65
  3. Shortcut lnk -- Access is denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut lnk -- Access is denied: I need your help with this shortcut link that I try to correct but I didn't. What I did is to right-click the desktop shortcut link of Microsoft Train Simulator (outdated but still can run the game) to Properties of this link. Then I change the line in Target box to add "...
  4. All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All My Shortcuts on desktop and file explorer are black instead of having the shortcut...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kaboom212121 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6wtmj/all_my_shortcuts_on_desktop_and_file_explorer_are/
  5. Shortcut folder recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shortcut folder recovery: I had made a shortcut folder on desktop and kept some files in it. Then i copied all the data from my user profiles including Desktop file and formatted the laptop and installed Win 10 in it. Now when I pasted the data after installing Win 10, the shortcut folder is not...
  6. Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!: All my shortcut icons have turned black! Can't seem to do anything about it. Help! 126768
  7. Controlled Folder Access Shortcut ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access Shortcut ?: Is it possible to make a shortcut to Controlled folder access ? windows defender > windows defender security center > virus & threat protection > virus & threat protection settings > Controlled folder access : Since I cant remove the default folders in Controlled folder...
  8. Search box covers shortcuts!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box covers shortcuts!: After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make shortcuts visible I have to hide them. Look at the video I recorded from this strange bug:...
  9. What happened to my shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happened to my shortcuts?: There seems to have been a nasty update. All my desktop icons have disappeared, a right click on the background does nothing, minimize and resize have disappeared from the top right of Firefox and the start menu has gone screwy. Has anyone else come across this little gem in...
  10. Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box: Hi everyone, I don't know if this option even exists, but it's worth a try: When I Installed Win 10, if I wanted to quickly access one of those 6 Win 10 PC 'Folders' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos), I would just had to type in the folder in the...