Windows 10: My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account.

Discus and support My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Hello. When I bought this new PC (may years ago now), I set it up with the official windows account as an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mdv88keys, Jul 18, 2021.

1. mdv88keys Win User

My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account.

Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Hello. When I bought this new PC (may years ago now), I set it up with the official windows account as an .aol account, because that's what I had. In the meantime, I've gotten an Outlook account and want to make that my primary account, but my original .aol account is already linked to the Outlook account! I press the .aol and get the Outlook. When I originally sign in to Windows, I enter the .aol account's password. So here in more detail. When I go into Windows Settings, Your Info, it shows my account image, my name in bold, my email (with the .aol account), Administrator -- > Billing info etc. etc. --> Manage my Microsoft Account I have an Outlook account, and want it to be the Your info base account. When I go and press "Manage my Microsoft Account" with the .aol account, it takes me to my Outlook account! It's very confusing. I read the How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums link, but something is going wrong... Thank you very much, I sure hope that I've explained it properly.

:)

mdv88keys, Jul 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account. :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account. - Similar Threads - sign email inextricably

2. Remove email account linked to my local Windows account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove email account linked to my local Windows account: Good day, Can someone suggest to me how to remove the outlook email address linked to my local Windows account? Because of this Microsoft family is automatically activated with restrictions applicable for my son as the email address is his. Thanks in advance...
  3. Linked email accounts.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Linked email accounts.: My sister in law created an msn account years ago and added another account for her brother. My brother wants to take ownership of his email so he doesnt have to get permissions from her main account. How can he do this and not lose his account? * Moved from MSN...
  4. signed in with wrong account

signed in with wrong account: i have been signed in with a hotmail account and i have a gmail account so therefore i can not access any of my other user accounts how do i get out of hot mail and back into gmail T V M Allan...
  5. Linked email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linked email accounts: We've been trying to remove my husband's hotmail account from Windows and Windows 365 but they keep popping up. We only want his one gmail account for all of his Windows accounts....
  6. Wrong account name when signing in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong account name when signing in: I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for a password. The password for my current account does not work, and rejects it. But I can't find a way to change the signin...
  7. Windows Mail does not link to my email accounts

Windows Mail does not link to my email accounts: Hi, I've managed to add my google email accounts into Windows Mail app. However, the windows calendar app doesn't link my google calendar of the same accounts (as my email accounts). Is there any missing link? Fyi, when I add my gmail accounts, there is no option to add...
  8. Email and linked accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email and linked accounts: I have a new surface and am trying to set it up with two of my email accounts. I thought I did everything correctly, including linking them so they would all come through email together but I am only getting the emails from one of the accounts and not the other even though...
  9. Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Administrator Email - Signed in with wrong email ID: Hi, I recently received a laptop from my university running Windows 10 Pro Education. I do not know much about computers so please bear with me. When signing in to the laptop I signed in with another email ID instead of the ID that I had provided my University with. Now, it...
  10. email going to wrong account

in Browsers and Email
    email going to wrong account: My OS is Windows 10. I have been using MS Office Outlook for my email. I've used it for years. A few weeks ago I decided to try gmail so I set up an account. I did not give anyone my gmail address but for some reason I started to get a lot of my email from friends who have my...