Windows 10: My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account.

Discus and support My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Hello. When I bought this new PC (may years ago now), I set it up with the official windows account as an... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mdv88keys, Jul 18, 2021.

1. mdv88keys Win User

My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account.

Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Hello. When I bought this new PC (may years ago now), I set it up with the official windows account as an .aol account, because that's what I had. In the meantime, I've gotten an Outlook account and want to make that my primary account, but my original .aol account is already linked to the Outlook account! I press the .aol and get the Outlook. When I originally sign in to Windows, I enter the .aol account's password. So here in more detail. When I go into Windows Settings, Your Info, it shows my account image, my name in bold, my email (with the .aol account), Administrator -- > Billing info etc. etc. --> Manage my Microsoft Account I have an Outlook account, and want it to be the Your info base account. When I go and press "Manage my Microsoft Account" with the .aol account, it takes me to my Outlook account! It's very confusing. I read the How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums link, but something is going wrong... Thank you very much, I sure hope that I've explained it properly.

:)

mdv88keys, Jul 18, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Wrong Microsoft Account linked to local admin account - no Sign in with local account instead link available

Thanks for the response. What I suggest you do is to switch to a local account and then switch back to your Microsoft account.

Here's how:

• Sign in using the Microsoft account.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Under Your email and accounts, click Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Type the password of the Microsoft account and click Next.
    • Under Switch to a local account, click Next.
    • Click Sign out and finish.

Once you're done switching to a local account, you can now set your new Microsoft account to associate on your Windows 10 computer. Make sure to type in the correct email address you want to associate to your PC. Follow the steps provided above and click
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead to set up your new account.

Should you have further questions, let me know.

Aileen Alf, Jul 18, 2021
  3. Tetsujin Win User
    How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account. :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

1. My sign-in email is inextricably linked to the wrong account. - Similar Threads - sign email inextricably

2. Wrong Email On my Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong Email On my Account: I have been having problems with my account "not existing", and I tried logging into my "OneDrive" on my pc but it said my password was wrong, which it wasn't. It then said send code to "w***@gmail.com", my email doesn't even have a "w" in it, so I reseted my password and on...
  3. Wrong Email On my Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong Email On my Account: I have been having problems with my account "not existing", and I tried logging into my "OneDrive" on my pc but it said my password was wrong, which it wasn't. It then said send code to "w***@gmail.com", my email doesn't even have a "w" in it, so I reseted my password and on...
  4. Wrong Email On my Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wrong email for account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  6. wrong email for account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  7. wrong email for account

8. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  9. Wrong email account

Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  10. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Customization