Windows 10: My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?

Discus and support My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I only purchased this system 18 months ago. ITs blazing fast for me and gets my work done. I am having a real hard time thinking im supposed to demote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonMurray, Jun 3, 2019.

1. DonMurray Win User

My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?

I only purchased this system 18 months ago. ITs blazing fast for me and gets my work done. I am having a real hard time thinking im supposed to demote it. Really ? What excuse do they wish for us to believe that this will not work out. Or is their actually a legitimate reason that we are all supposed to throw away our tried and true setup ?
    This computer has a Nvida Ti980 and that wont get along with a windows 10.
    Nobody wants to purchase new when what they have works.
    What advantages will there be if I just throw this one out like they want and buy new. ? Will Microsoft act like Samsung and continue to make my tools stop working with updates. ?
    Heck I could by a new system and in 2 years they will be wanting me to throw it away. I can not afford to spend 3 grand every 2 years to run Photoshop an blender. may purchase a windows 10 to search the web and use sneaker net.
    I have windows 10 on a dell latitude e6510 laptop and it seams to be running fine.
    I have been reading about this but the more I read it seams the less I know. Someone may know from their own experience how windows 10 is working out on their "old" machine.
    I am attaching a CPUZ txt file showing the hardware on my computer. GIGABYTE.txt

:)

DonMurray, Jun 3, 2019
  2. SkylakeVT Win User

Windows 10 and Intel Skylake

there is a lot debate about the new Intel processor (code name Skylake) and windows 10

I wondering if you guys from Microsoft can give me some info

about Skylake CPU compatibly with windows 10

you did run some test right? any available test table or list?

thanks

SkylakeVT, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Did microsoft tested wirelless conectivity laptop with skylake processor and Windows 10 64bit?

I already have HP Spectre x360 Convertible i7 Skylake product numberMy skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ? :p7G37PA#AR6 about 1 month, till now I
    could not connect wirelessly my laptop with HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One Printer - L511a, LG Projector PV150G, Netgear PTV300, AnyCast 5G.

My other laptop (non skylake) could connect HP Officejet 150 Mobile All-in-One Printer - L511a, LG Projector PV150G, Netgear PTV300, AnyCast 5G without any problem. So, did microsoft tested wirelless conectivity laptop with skylake processor and Windows
    10 64bit?

MitraPrima Daya, Jun 3, 2019
  4. My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?

1. My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - skylake 4ghz processor

2. i7-6600U processor in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i7-6600U processor in Windows 11: My Surface Book 2 has a i7-6600U processor and it automatically upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now it's back to Windows 10 and I can't make it go back to W11 because "i7-6600U processor is not compatible??" So, why did it upgrade automatically before?...
  3. i7-6600U processor in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i7-6600U processor in Windows 11: My Surface Book 2 has a i7-6600U processor and it automatically upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now it's back to Windows 10 and I can't make it go back to W11 because "i7-6600U processor is not compatible??" So, why did it upgrade automatically before?...
  4. Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?: Hi, I was wondering if there was any news of windows 11 supporting skylake CPUs. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 which has all the requirements besides the supported CPU.Is there any potential for windows 11 to be supported or has this been written off already?Thanks,...
  5. Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?

Future windows 11 support for Skylake processors?: Hi, I was wondering if there was any news of windows 11 supporting skylake CPUs. I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 which has all the requirements besides the supported CPU.Is there any potential for windows 11 to be supported or has this been written off already?Thanks,...
  6. Windows 11 support for I7 6650 processor

Windows 11 support for I7 6650 processor: My surface pro which is only 4 years 1mth old with I7 6650cpu and costs me in excess £1300.00 yet it does meet the requirements for windows 11, My mac mini 2013 which cost less than half the price of my surface pro is still supported by the latest OS operating system , I must...
  7. THis processor is not good enough for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    THis processor is not good enough for Windows 11?: Why not? I Have a Dell XPS computer and the specs are: Device name ********Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB Device ID 28F8C564-15CD-4F27-A758-60D3869E2865 Product ID 00330-50767-14638-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system,...
  8. My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    My skylake i7 @ 4ghz processor not fast enough for windows 10 ?: I only purchased this system 18 months ago. ITs blazing fast for me and gets my work done. I am having a real hard time thinking im supposed to demote it. Really ? What excuse do they wish for us to believe that this will not work out. Or is their actually a legitimate reason...
  9. Can't get to a window fast enough!

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get to a window fast enough!: When I click a program or window to bring it up, as soon as I try to move the mouse to it, it moves to the background before I can even get my mouse over it. Is there any way to increase the hang time of a window? This is very annoying about Windows 10. 77649
  10. Unlocked Skylake-K processors heading to laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Unlocked Skylake-K processors heading to laptops: During the Intel Developer Forum 2015, Intel unveiled their plans to launch unlocked Skylake-K line of processors to laptops starting later this year. While speaking to Hexus, Intel's Senior VP of the Intel PC Client group had iterated that enthusiast range of laptops will be...