Windows 10: My slideshow is acting strangely. Can you help? Windows 10

Discus and support My slideshow is acting strangely. Can you help? Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a slideshow that kicks in when I minimise my MS Comm page. It takes photos from a folder "E&J", the initial of my grandchildren. It's been... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Taffy087, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

My slideshow is acting strangely. Can you help? Windows 10

I have a slideshow that kicks in when I minimise my MS Comm page. It takes photos from a folder "E&J", the initial of my grandchildren.

It's been acting strangely today:

1 Instead of a full screen, single photo, the screen is splitting - usually there are two photos on the left side say 60% of the screen and one photo on the right side.

2 Occasionally some of the photos are from my general collection of photos. These are all stored in OneDrive>Pictures.

3 Whenever the screen changes every minute, in the top left it says "Tap & say What can you do" - this must be Cortana. Why is it appearing on this screen?

I'd appreciate your help please.

PS If the Topic I've used is wrong, would a Moderator please move it. TIA

typo.

Edited at 17:15 to correct

:)

Taffy087, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Windows 10 LockScreen (IOT) slideshow - Spotlight

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Lock screen can be set to slideshow with the help of the steps below on every Windows normal version, you can try the same steps on your Windows 10 (IOT).

1. To change the lock screen to slideshow, you can go to
      Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    2. From the Background drop down option, select
      Slideshow.
    3. Click on Add a folder and select the image folder you have.

To change the Slide time to 6 seconds, you can make the changes from the registry.

1. Open registry navigate to
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Lock Screen

2. Right click on the Right pane and create a new
      Dword(32-bit) Value key.
    3. Name it SlideshowDuration Double click set the value to 6000 which is 6 seconds.

I would also suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet
    for better resolution on this issue, if the steps above doesn’t help.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. My slideshow is acting strangely. Can you help? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - slideshow acting strangely

2. my computer is acting really weird can you help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is acting really weird can you help please: the most commen thing my pc does is i will start it up it goes to the sign in screen and i put my picture password in and for some reason it makes me do it twice sometimes three times. not rite at all. I finally get to my home screen and it brings up 2,or 3, somtimes 4...
  3. my computer is acting really weird can you help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer is acting really weird can you help please: the most commen thing my pc does is i will start it up it goes to the sign in screen and i put my picture password in and for some reason it makes me do it twice sometimes three times. not rite at all. I finally get to my home screen and it brings up 2,or 3, somtimes 4...
  4. my computer is acting really weird can you help please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*: I was playing a game on my Windows PC and the cord got knocked out of it. After i turned the PC back on all of my settings didn't render in. For example, my taskbar and personalization color settings are set to pink, and after the incident it went back to default. However, i...
  6. Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PC acting strange *PLEASE HELP*: I was playing a game on my Windows PC and the cord got knocked out of it. After i turned the PC back on all of my settings didn't render in. For example, my taskbar and personalization color settings are set to pink, and after the incident it went back to default. However, i...
  7. My keyboard is acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting strange: An hour ago at random my keyboard started acting strangely. When I go to type anything by hitting a key random and odd letter paper behind it for example : 7byp 8u[n 9o]m 9o]m 9o]m. And this is done on its own...
  8. Windows apps acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps acting strange: Latley Ive had in issue with windows apps acting strange This is only in windows apps, Start Menu, Settings, Xbox Ive linked a video to showcase the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXs2wztCGS71yZ4WsClB9_ciYVse01-l/view?usp=sharing...
  9. Windows Security Acting Strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Security Acting Strange: Running into a strange bug with Windows security that I haven't been able to figure out: I have Windows security active on my PC, nothing out of the ordinary there. With a recent update Windows security has been informing me when it blocks changes to the system. These blocks...
  10. Windows Explorer acting strangely..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting strangely..: Explorer annoyed me with it's quick access thing making me wait and grouping things the way it wants and effectively putting things out of sight... so I disabled it via the view/options thing. and that worked for maybe ten minutes. Until I next shut down windows explorer...