Windows 10: My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...

Discus and support My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that option available. please advise. Got a new computer and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by michelle stangl, Aug 29, 2023.

1. My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...

My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that option available. please advise. Got a new computer and it doesnt auto save and doesnt give me an option to auto save.

:)

michelle stangl, Aug 29, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

Hi Gisela,

I am Dave, I will help you with this.

They have made screenshots process overly complex in Windows 11, using that method the screenshots are saved to the Clipboard, if you press the Windows key + V to open the clipboard app you will see your screenshot.

To use the snipping tool in Windows 11 from the Taskbar, click your Start button and jsut type snip

On the resulting list, you will see the Snipping tool, right click that and select 'Pin to Taskbar' and you will have an icon for that tool on you taskbar

DaveM121, Aug 29, 2023
  3. Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

Snipping tool was great in Windows 10 which I had sitting on my toolbar for easy access. Why is there no equivalent in Windows 11? I don't want a SCREENSHOT. The Snipping Tool shortcut key of Windows+Shift+S disappears before I can get the SAVE option and ONLY SOMETIMES works by clicking quickly on the snip. VERY FRUSTRATING!

Gisela Reynolds, Aug 29, 2023
  4. accakes Win User

My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...

Snip Tool won't save directly

My snip tool won't save snips at all unless I manually go into the snip tool and save it from there. I'm running Windows 11.

I have all of these enabled:

• Snipping tool notifications
    • Use the Print screen button to open screen snipping
    • Save Snips
    I've created a new user profile, turned off and on all those various settings, updated my computer fully, and rebooted.

I talked with someone in tech support at length but he was stumped too since I have the "Save Snips" option enabled. My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that... :(

accakes, Aug 29, 2023
Thema:

My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...

1. My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that... - Similar Threads - snipping tool giving

2. Snipping tool Save location is giving me multiple errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool Save location is giving me multiple errors.: Every time I hit SHift+Windows+s it would take a screensnip/shot and save it to user/pictures/screenshots no problem.Well for some reason today it was saving it to user/onedrivestuff/pictures/screenshots ; some empty folder that I created back when I was trying to fix a issue...
  3. Snipping tool Save location is giving me multiple errors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool Save location is giving me multiple errors.: Every time I hit SHift+Windows+s it would take a screensnip/shot and save it to user/pictures/screenshots no problem.Well for some reason today it was saving it to user/onedrivestuff/pictures/screenshots ; some empty folder that I created back when I was trying to fix a issue...
  4. Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3593I recently added my OneDrive, ad as it always ANNOYINGLY does, it automatically start forcing me into backup of Pictures, Desktop, and Documents. Look, i get it. Use up OneDrive space, it gets people to buy storage.Anyway, i always immediately...
  5. Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive

Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3593I recently added my OneDrive, ad as it always ANNOYINGLY does, it automatically start forcing me into backup of Pictures, Desktop, and Documents. Look, i get it. Use up OneDrive space, it gets people to buy storage.Anyway, i always immediately...
  6. My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...: My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that option available. please advise. Got a new computer and it doesnt auto save and doesnt give me an option to auto save....
  7. My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that...: My snipping tool is not giving me an option to toggle an auto save. There isn't even that option available. please advise. Got a new computer and it doesnt auto save and doesnt give me an option to auto save....
  8. Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option: Snipping tool was great in Windows 10 which I had sitting on my toolbar for easy access. Why is there no equivalent in Windows 11? I don't want a SCREENSHOT. The Snipping Tool shortcut key of Windows+Shift+S disappears before I can get the SAVE option and ONLY SOMETIMES works...
  9. Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option: Snipping tool was great in Windows 10 which I had sitting on my toolbar for easy access. Why is there no equivalent in Windows 11? I don't want a SCREENSHOT. The Snipping Tool shortcut key of Windows+Shift+S disappears before I can get the SAVE option and ONLY SOMETIMES works...
  10. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...