Windows 10: my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

Discus and support my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mauricio.Velez, Oct 12, 2021.

1. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on Eastern Time to avoid this? Note: my son is 14 and avid pc gamer and code Python developer... thus please only replay with real solution... not basic fix* Moved from Community Participation Center

:)

Mauricio.Velez, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Sher Amo Win User

My son is able to bypass the PC screen time limit on Windows 10

Hi Cornell,

One of the possible reasons why you encounter your concern is sometimes your child’s Microsoft account may expire on their device and it will not be recognized as one of the existing child accounts in your family. To resolve your concern, we suggest
    that you remove the exiting child account of your son in your family and add it back again. To do this follow the steps below:

• To remove an account on your family, follow these steps:
    A. From a web browser, go to
    http://account.microsoft.com/family
    and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

B. To remove a child, select Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, select Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

C. Select the person you want to remove from the family.

D. Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

2. To add a child in your family, follow the steps provided on this

link

In addition, sign in your son’s Microsoft account on his device to refresh it. To do this, select the
    Start button, then select Settings > Accounts and follow the prompt to verify his account. If the issue persists, we suggest that you check this

link
    to know how to fix screen time limits if it’s not working in Windows 10.

Let me know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, Oct 12, 2021
  4. RossH.24 Win User

my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass

My son signs into his Windows 10 PC using a Microsoft account, and is part of our family, and subject to Family Safety screen time limits of 2hrs on a Saturday, from 8am to 6:30pm. Also note that his account is verified (I know from experience that Family
    Safety doesn't work properly when an account is not verified).

Today he discovered that when he gets the "15 minutes to go, request more time" dialogue box, if he simply turns off his PC at this point (I mean unplugs it from the mains without shutting down properly), then when the PC starts up again and he logs in,
    it seems to forget how much time he's used so far today, e.g. it's as if the time limits are reset so he gets another 2 hrs.

So, simply doing a hard power off of his PC (equivalent of a power cut) at the relevant time allows him to totally bypass the daily screen time limit.

Is this a known problem, because it seems like a pretty massive flaw in the screen limits system?

Many Thanks,

Ross

RossH.24, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

1. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. - Similar Threads - son bypass family

2. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  3. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  4. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.: my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on Eastern Time to avoid this? Note: my son is 14 and avid pc gamer and code Python developer... thus please only replay with real...
  5. my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc.: my son bypass the windows family screen time by changing the time in his pc. is there a way that i can set up in microsoft family that my son is on Eastern Time to avoid this? Note: my son is 14 and avid pc gamer and code Python developer... thus please only replay with real...
  6. Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC

Screen time is preventing my son from logging into his newly built PC: My son built a new PC and logged in earlier today but was later given a red screen saying screen time was preventing him from logging in until 7am. So he sent a request to my email asking for permission to extend his time and when I tried to log into my account I am taken to...
  7. Bypassing the family screen time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bypassing the family screen time: I am looking to help a friend. He spends about 5 hours a day at the max on his pc but even so his parents put a limit to 2 hours. I want to find a way to bypass this He is an admin on the pc, what can he do to bypass or uninstall it completely? submitted by /u/ThR3x123...
  8. Bypassing family screen time limits

Bypassing family screen time limits: I have my son set up within microsoft family with a chikd account with screen time limits set. However, he just creates other accounts and when his main one switches off he knows he can switch to the other and carry on undetected. How can i stop him creating other accounts?...
  9. Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer: I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10. Every day I get "your son would like more screen time". Only ONCE has it ever locked him out. He has limits of 3 hours per day on...
  10. Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass

Windows 10 Family Safety Screen Time Bypass: My kid is managed to disable icon FamilySafety by using some system explorer, and he should be in bed by 9pm, and I see him at 9:30 hardly playing?? Is this Family safety any good?...