Windows 10: My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

Discus and support My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by zz88zz, May 14, 2023.

1. zz88zz Win User

My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own account. He's 16, if that somehow matters. How can I troubleshoot why time schedule is not working and make it work?Thanks in advance.

:)

zz88zz, May 14, 2023

2. Family Safety screen time stuck on old settings

• I set up family safety settings under windows 8.
    • Configured screen time options to for only daytime, so as to prevent my son from using the computer too early or too late in the day.
    • I've upgraded the computer to Windows 10 (live update, not a fresh install).
    • Now I want to change the screen time settings for my son. Nothing I have attempted (short of clean install of Windows) has worked.
      • Changing time settings doesn't work
      • Turning off Screen Time doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding his account from family safety doesn't help
      • Removing/Adding the computer from family safety doesn't help
    • I don't see a Windows Family Safety service running on the machine, which is odd.
    • I really don't want to do a fresh Windows install.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Noyabronok1, May 14, 2023
  3. Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Original Title: Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes

I use Family Safety to monitor my son's account, but a bit ago, I stopped being able to communicate with his computer. If he sent me a request to extend his time, I didn't receive it, and it didn't appear on the Family Safety page. If I made adjustments
    to the page, it wouldn't register on his computer. I even deleted him from my family, and he is still being "monitored" (and still has the same restrictions). I tried logging in as him on a different device, and the restrictions are off, so I know it is something
    on his machine

Can someone give me suggestions?

Thanks!.

JoanneSher, May 14, 2023
  4. elanoides Win User

Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click
    on Time Restrictions which will be near the top then click on End Task it will let you have unlimited time even if you have set up time restrictions.

elanoides, May 14, 2023
Thema:

1. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety - Similar Threads - son gets around

2. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  3. My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son gets around screen time restrictions in family safety: Hello, I have family safety installed on my son's desktop with time the time limit schedule set up. But despite that I hear him using his desktop after the allowed time. He is not an administrator and he does not know my or my wife's password, so he's probably using his own...
  4. Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time

Family Safety Restrictions Error Request for more Time: Hello, I am currently trying to get on to my computer and request for more time, However when I click the button to do so I get this “Something went wrong” “We’re unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet? 80f81d93“I am connected to the Internet and I do...
  5. Family Safety Screen time

Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  6. Family Safety Screen time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Screen time: I have screen time settings for access to windows set to 8am but my children seem to be able to log in before this time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-screen-time/b6f0f3f7-7368-430c-92b8-9abc96066196
  7. Family Safety Screen time

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack: there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click on Time Restrictions...
  9. Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong

Family Safety Time Restrictions Wrong: When my child is using his computer sometimes he will be told to ask for more time, or wait until tomorrow, even though he is within the OK window (7:00am-11:30pm). Then he is locked out. Time allowance is set to maximum. Sunday may be the worst day of the week for this. I...
  10. Family Safety Screen Time

Family Safety Screen Time: I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I created new Microsoft accounts for my kids and added those accounts to the child accounts in Windows 10. The problem is that the Family Safety screen time that was configured on the Microsoft website are not being enforced on the...